what's the use of sentinel frame?

liuyang
Hi,all
   I read the source code of gdb 6.3 these days.I find that it is really a hard work.Now I am working with Frame.c.
I don't understand the use of 'sentinel frame'.It is not referred in gdbint.Can you explain it to me ?

regards
thanks

        liuyang
        [hidden email]
          2005-11-01

Re: what's the use of sentinel frame?

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 04:02:56PM +0800, liuyang wrote:
> Hi,all
>    I read the source code of gdb 6.3 these days.I find that it is
> really a hard work.Now I am working with Frame.c. I don't understand
> the use of 'sentinel frame'.It is not referred in gdbint.Can you
> explain it to me ?

The sentinel frame exists so that, given any frame, there is always a
next frame; you never run off the end of the list.  All it does is
return the real registers.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC