tst-strerror not getting translations

Samuel Thibault-9
Hello,

It seems that tst-strerror is not getting the translated messages before
of misconfigured message file path. This shows up for instance by
configuring with

../configure --prefix=

and we see with

./testrun.sh --tool=strace $PWD/string/tst-strerror --direct

[...]
openat(AT_FDCWD, "/share/locale/pt_BR.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/libc.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
[...]

And then the pt_BR message comparisons fail.

Samuel

Re: tst-strerror not getting translations

Sourceware - libc-alpha mailing list

On 07/07/2020 19:29, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems that tst-strerror is not getting the translated messages before
> of misconfigured message file path. This shows up for instance by
> configuring with
>
> ../configure --prefix=
>
> and we see with
>
> ./testrun.sh --tool=strace $PWD/string/tst-strerror --direct
>
> [...]
> openat(AT_FDCWD, "/share/locale/pt_BR.UTF-8/LC_MESSAGES/libc.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> [...]
>
> And then the pt_BR message comparisons fail.

You just reminded me why I initially set the test as test-container.
On review Carlos has suggested asked it I could remind exactly and I
ended moving to the default rule.

I will move the tests that required comparing translated text obtained
from libc.mo back to test-container.