test with HTTPS url

Raif S. Naffah
hello all,

i just checked in a new testlet
(gnu.testlet.gnu.java.security.jce.TestOfHttps) that accesses the url

   https://www.paypal.com/

if there is a known https-accessible location that is/can be used for
running such tests let me know and i'll amend the test accordingly.

cheers;
rsn

Re: test with HTTPS url

Mark Wielaard
Hi Raif,

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 00:54 +1100, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> i just checked in a new testlet
> (gnu.testlet.gnu.java.security.jce.TestOfHttps) that accesses the url
>
>    https://www.paypal.com/
>
> if there is a known https-accessible location that is/can be used for
> running such tests let me know and i'll amend the test accordingly.

I think that is fine for now. We could install a https server on
builder.classpath.org or maybe have something like Wolfgang just
suggested a Mauve local https server.

Three small comment on the test itself.
- You seem to be using the eclipse templates. Not that it still contains
a "FIXME: your info here" :)
- It declares a GNU-CRYPTO Tag and explicitly installs the Jessie and
GnuCrypto providers. But it really should just work for any JDK1.4 out
of the box (and it actually does!)
- It prints out all lines read to System.out. That isn't really
necessary and obscures the output of the test.

If you could correct those issue that would be great.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: test with HTTPS url

Raif S. Naffah
hello Mark,

On Saturday 04 March 2006 02:10, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 00:54 +1100, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> > i just checked in a new testlet
> > (gnu.testlet.gnu.java.security.jce.TestOfHttps) that accesses the
> > url
> >
> >    https://www.paypal.com/
> >
> > if there is a known https-accessible location that is/can be used
> > for running such tests let me know and i'll amend the test
> > accordingly.
>
> I think that is fine for now. We could install a https server on
> builder.classpath.org or maybe have something like Wolfgang just
> suggested a Mauve local https server.
>
> Three small comment on the test itself.
> - You seem to be using the eclipse templates. Not that it still
> contains a "FIXME: your info here" :)
noted.

> - It declares a GNU-CRYPTO Tag and explicitly installs the Jessie and
> GnuCrypto providers. But it really should just work for any JDK1.4
> out of the box (and it actually does!)

it does with the JDK because the JDK contains export-controlled crypto.
for us in Classpath to do that we would then break what A. Green asked
for wrt. separating export-controlled from non-export-controlled crypto
code.

> - It prints out all lines read to System.out. That isn't really
> necessary and obscures the output of the test.

noted.

> If you could correct those issue that would be great.

i'm checking in a version that fixes the first and last issues.  if we
want to re-consider the export-controlled option let me know since we
would have then to do more work in the Classpath tree before changing
this testlet.

cheers;
rsn