sntp question

Will Wagner
I have been looking at the sntp code in eCos.

In the docs it talks about starting the sntp thread automatically if the
dhcp server includes information about ntp servers. I have searched the
source and I can't find any code that does this.

Are the docs correct and if so where is the code?

Thanks,

Will
Will Wagner                                     [hidden email]
Senior Project Engineer                        Office Tel: 0207 371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA

Re: sntp question

Andrew Lunn-2
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:12:32PM +0000, Will Wagner wrote:
> I have been looking at the sntp code in eCos.
>
> In the docs it talks about starting the sntp thread automatically if the
> dhcp server includes information about ntp servers. I have searched the
> source and I can't find any code that does this.
>
> Are the docs correct and if so where is the code?

packages/net/common/current/src/bootp_support.c:603. Function
init_net(). It calls cyg_sntp_set_servers() which will start the
thread is needed.

        Andrew