"target remote | " stderr -- try2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"target remote | " stderr -- try2

Vladimir Prus-3

This is a revision of my earlier patch to make
stderr output from program run with

   target remote | some_program

to be routed through gdb_stderr, so that MI
frontend sees that output.

The original patch is at:

        http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.patches/32540

and this version differs by not having any #ifdef WIN32 inside
ser-base.c, but instead using new method in 'struct serial_ops',
that is initialized in ser-mingw.c.

OK?

- Volodya

remote_stderr_try2__gdb_mainline.diff (6K) Download Attachment
ChangeLog (585 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "target remote | " stderr -- try2

Eli Zaretskii
> From: Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]>
> Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:35:13 +0300
>
> This is a revision of my earlier patch to make
> stderr output from program run with
>
>    target remote | some_program
>
> to be routed through gdb_stderr, so that MI
> frontend sees that output.

Should this be reflected in the manual?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "target remote | " stderr -- try2

Vladimir Prus-3
On Monday 26 March 2007 00:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> > From: Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]>
> > Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:35:13 +0300
> >
> > This is a revision of my earlier patch to make
> > stderr output from program run with
> >
> >    target remote | some_program
> >
> > to be routed through gdb_stderr, so that MI
> > frontend sees that output.
>
> Should this be reflected in the manual?

I'm not sure. The fact that some_program's stderr is
not routed via MI output streams seems like an
outright bug to me, so fixing it does not require
documentation.

- Volodya

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "target remote | " stderr -- try2

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
In reply to this post by Vladimir Prus-3
On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 04:35:13PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:

>
> This is a revision of my earlier patch to make
> stderr output from program run with
>
>    target remote | some_program
>
> to be routed through gdb_stderr, so that MI
> frontend sees that output.
>
> The original patch is at:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.patches/32540
>
> and this version differs by not having any #ifdef WIN32 inside
> ser-base.c, but instead using new method in 'struct serial_ops',
> that is initialized in ser-mingw.c.
>
> OK?

This version is OK.  Thanks!

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "target remote | " stderr -- try2

Vladimir Prus
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 04:35:13PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>
>> This is a revision of my earlier patch to make
>> stderr output from program run with
>>
>>    target remote | some_program
>>
>> to be routed through gdb_stderr, so that MI
>> frontend sees that output.
>>
>> The original patch is at:
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.patches/32540
>>
>> and this version differs by not having any #ifdef WIN32 inside
>> ser-base.c, but instead using new method in 'struct serial_ops',
>> that is initialized in ser-mingw.c.
>>
>> OK?
>
> This version is OK.  Thanks!
Doh! It turns out I've attached a patch that won't even compile.
Although the difference to the real patch is trivial, for avoidance
of doubt I attach the "right" patch and the delta to the previous
one. Is this version OK?

Sorry,
Volodya


ChangeLog (585 bytes) Download Attachment
delta.diff (1K) Download Attachment
remote_stderr_try2__gdb_mainline.diff (6K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "target remote | " stderr -- try2

Mark Kettenis
> From: Vladimir Prus <[hidden email]>
> Date:  Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:06:24 +0400
>
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 04:35:13PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> >>
> >> This is a revision of my earlier patch to make
> >> stderr output from program run with
> >>
> >>    target remote | some_program
> >>
> >> to be routed through gdb_stderr, so that MI
> >> frontend sees that output.
> >>
> >> The original patch is at:
> >>
> >> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.patches/32540
> >>
> >> and this version differs by not having any #ifdef WIN32 inside
> >> ser-base.c, but instead using new method in 'struct serial_ops',
> >> that is initialized in ser-mingw.c.
> >>
> >> OK?
> >
> > This version is OK.  Thanks!
>
> Doh! It turns out I've attached a patch that won't even compile.
> Although the difference to the real patch is trivial, for avoidance
> of doubt I attach the "right" patch and the delta to the previous
> one. Is this version OK?

I like this version a lot better than the one with #ifdef WIN32.
Thanks Volodya, for taking the trouble to clean things up.

Mark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "target remote | " stderr -- try2

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
In reply to this post by Vladimir Prus
On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 10:06:24AM +0400, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Doh! It turns out I've attached a patch that won't even compile.
> Although the difference to the real patch is trivial, for avoidance
> of doubt I attach the "right" patch and the delta to the previous
> one. Is this version OK?

Yes, it is.  Thanks again!

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery