query : call to bfd_openr ( )

SandeepKsinha
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to call the bfd_openr(NULL,...) with its first parameter as NULL.

What if in the constructor of a Preloadable library (using LD_PRELOAD)
I want to convert the current file into bfd format. If i use the
bfd_openr( ) that would require an access to the disk, to read the
file, I want to avoid this disk access and want to convert the
executable into a bfd format.
Is that possible ?

Sandeep

A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is
never quite sure.

Re: query : call to bfd_openr ( )

Nick Clifton
Hi Sandeep,

> Is it possible to call the bfd_openr(NULL,...) with its first parameter as NULL.

Sorry, no this is not possible.

> What if in the constructor of a Preloadable library (using LD_PRELOAD)
> I want to convert the current file into bfd format. If i use the
> bfd_openr( ) that would require an access to the disk, to read the
> file, I want to avoid this disk access and want to convert the
> executable into a bfd format.

I think that you will need to create your own bfd structure by hand in
order to do this.

Cheers
   Nick