problem with insn decoders for i386

SandeepKsinha
Hi all,
I am trying to use one of the disassembler functions for intel-i386
machine in the opcodes library.
The documentation says that in the strcucture disassemble_info
declared in the dis-asm.h,  one of the fields in the struct is
insn_info_valid and its documentation says, that it is used to get the
branch informations at the time of decoding. Well, it's also mentioned
that the support is not yet present for all architectures in the
disassembler functions.

Can someone tell me, wether it has been implemented for i386 or not ?
Please help !

Sandeep

Re: problem with insn decoders for i386

Ian Lance Taylor
Sandeep Kumar <[hidden email]> writes:

> I am trying to use one of the disassembler functions for intel-i386
> machine in the opcodes library.
> The documentation says that in the strcucture disassemble_info
> declared in the dis-asm.h,  one of the fields in the struct is
> insn_info_valid and its documentation says, that it is used to get the
> branch informations at the time of decoding. Well, it's also mentioned
> that the support is not yet present for all architectures in the
> disassembler functions.
>
> Can someone tell me, wether it has been implemented for i386 or not ?

It has not been implemented for the i386.

In fact it has only been implemented for CRIS, MIPS, MMIX, and SPARC.

Ian