patch ping

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

patch ping

Jan-Benedict Glaw
Hi!

I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-12/msg00150.html

If you think it's okay, please accept it. (Tested, no regressions, in
daily use for more than a year, only refreshed when the non-BFD
assemblers were thrown out...)

Thanks, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       [hidden email]    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O
 für einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger"  | im Internet! |   im Irak!   O O O
ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TCPA));

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: patch ping

Matt Thomas
Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-12/msg00150.html
>
> If you think it's okay, please accept it. (Tested, no regressions, in
> daily use for more than a year, only refreshed when the non-BFD
> assemblers were thrown out...)

I don't have a problem with it.  Looks OK to me.
--
Matt Thomas                     email: [hidden email]
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/
Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: patch ping

Nick Clifton
In reply to this post by Jan-Benedict Glaw
Hi Jan-Benedict,

> I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:

Our emails must have crossed in the ether ...

This patch has now been applied.

Cheers
   Nick

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: patch ping

Jan-Benedict Glaw
On Thu, 2005-12-22 18:19:05 +0000, Nick Clifton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Jan-Benedict,
> >I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:
>
> Our emails must have crossed in the ether ...

No problem.

> This patch has now been applied.

Thanks. I'll soon send the next VAX-related patches.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       [hidden email]    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O
 für einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger"  | im Internet! |   im Irak!   O O O
ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TCPA));

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: patch ping

Hans-Peter Nilsson-2
In reply to this post by Jan-Benedict Glaw
On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:

Just a thought: it might have been faster if you just volunteer
for VAX co-maintainer. :-)

brgds, H-P
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

VAX Maintainership (was: patch ping)

Jan-Benedict Glaw
On Thu, 2005-12-22 16:11:06 -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:
>
> Just a thought: it might have been faster if you just volunteer
> for VAX co-maintainer. :-)

Well, I've got no problem with that, to be honest, I'd really like to
do that. If you (or Nick/Matt) offer me co-maintainership, I'm all for
it, at least for the vax-dec-linux* targets. (At least the copyright
assignment papers are in place for that since, um, quite some time:-)

So if it is accepted, I'd like to become a maintainer fro the VAX bits
of binutils, specifically for the Linux port.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       [hidden email]    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O
 für einen Freien Staat voll Freier Bürger"  | im Internet! |   im Irak!   O O O
ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TCPA));

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VAX Maintainership (was: patch ping)

Jason Thorpe

On Dec 22, 2005, at 1:25 PM, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> Well, I've got no problem with that, to be honest, I'd really like to
> do that. If you (or Nick/Matt) offer me co-maintainership, I'm all for
> it, at least for the vax-dec-linux* targets. (At least the copyright
> assignment papers are in place for that since, um, quite some time:-)
>
> So if it is accepted, I'd like to become a maintainer fro the VAX bits
> of binutils, specifically for the Linux port.

I have no problem with that.  I have very little time for binutils  
work in any case, at the moment.


-- thorpej

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VAX Maintainership

Matt Thomas
In reply to this post by Jan-Benedict Glaw
Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-12-22 16:11:06 -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like (for the third or fourth time...) get feedback on this patch:
>>
>>Just a thought: it might have been faster if you just volunteer
>>for VAX co-maintainer. :-)
>
>
> Well, I've got no problem with that, to be honest, I'd really like to
> do that. If you (or Nick/Matt) offer me co-maintainership, I'm all for
> it, at least for the vax-dec-linux* targets. (At least the copyright
> assignment papers are in place for that since, um, quite some time:-)

As far as I know, I'm not an official maintainer for the VAX bits.  Since
most of the current VAX support has been by me, I probably should be.

> So if it is accepted, I'd like to become a maintainer fro the VAX bits
> of binutils, specifically for the Linux port.

I'd also like to be a co-maintainer of all the NetBSD bits...

--
Matt Thomas                     email: [hidden email]
3am Software Foundry              www: http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/
Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all knowledge of this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VAX Maintainership

Nick Clifton
In reply to this post by Jan-Benedict Glaw
Hi Jan-Benedict,

>> Just a thought: it might have been faster if you just volunteer
>> for VAX co-maintainer. :-)
>
> Well, I've got no problem with that, to be honest, I'd really like to
> do that. If you (or Nick/Matt) offer me co-maintainership, I'm all for
> it, at least for the vax-dec-linux* targets. (At least the copyright
> assignment papers are in place for that since, um, quite some time:-)
>
> So if it is accepted, I'd like to become a maintainer fro the VAX bits
> of binutils, specifically for the Linux port.

We would be delighted to have you on board.  The first thing to do
however is to make sure that you have write access to the binutils CVS
repository.  Please could you fill out the form here, using my name as
approver:

   http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

Once that has been sorted out, as your first act as a maintainer for the
VAX port, please could you add your name to the binutils/MAINTAINERS
file, and post a patch showing what you have done to this list.

Cheers
   Nick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: VAX Maintainership

Nick Clifton
In reply to this post by Matt Thomas
Hi Matt,

>> So if it is accepted, I'd like to become a maintainer fro the VAX bits
>> of binutils, specifically for the Linux port.
>
> I'd also like to be a co-maintainer of all the NetBSD bits...

Wonderful!  Please could you follow the same procedure as Jan-Benedict,
ie fill out the form here, using my name as approver:

   http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

Then add your name to the binutils/MAINTAINERS file, and post a patch
showing what you have done to this list.

Cheers
   Nick