[patch] Support for x64 Windows

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[patch] Support for x64 Windows

Kai Tietz-2
Hi,

this patch (a bit rough and need some final cleaning up and some
extension to the test run makefile for allowing CROSS here) enables
pthread to be build for the x86_64-pc-mingw32 target.

If there is interest on this patch, some review would be fine. I'll
prepare a proper patch file (with ChangeLog) after review. This patch
is mainly about 2 general issues. Correct the assumption that
sizeof(int)==sizeof(void *) and sizeof(long)==sizeof(void *), using
InterlockedExchangeCompare & co for pointers (I am using here the
..Pointer variant), and an proper check for timespec.

Thanks in advance,
Kai

--
|  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination

w64sup.patch (74K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [patch] Support for x64 Windows

Kai Tietz-2
PING?

2009/6/18 Kai Tietz <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> this patch (a bit rough and need some final cleaning up and some
> extension to the test run makefile for allowing CROSS here) enables
> pthread to be build for the x86_64-pc-mingw32 target.
>
> If there is interest on this patch, some review would be fine. I'll
> prepare a proper patch file (with ChangeLog) after review. This patch
> is mainly about 2 general issues. Correct the assumption that
> sizeof(int)==sizeof(void *) and sizeof(long)==sizeof(void *), using
> InterlockedExchangeCompare & co for pointers (I am using here the
> ..Pointer variant), and an proper check for timespec.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kai
>
> --
> |  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
> | (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
> | (")_(") him gain world domination
>



--
|  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [patch] Support for x64 Windows

Ross Johnson-2
Kai Tietz wrote:
> PING?
>  
PONG :-)

I don't have the technology to confirm the patch with a build and run,
but I will run an eye over it ASAP.

Regards.
Ross

> 2009/6/18 Kai Tietz <[hidden email]>:
>  
>> Hi,
>>
>> this patch (a bit rough and need some final cleaning up and some
>> extension to the test run makefile for allowing CROSS here) enables
>> pthread to be build for the x86_64-pc-mingw32 target.
>>
>> If there is interest on this patch, some review would be fine. I'll
>> prepare a proper patch file (with ChangeLog) after review. This patch
>> is mainly about 2 general issues. Correct the assumption that
>> sizeof(int)==sizeof(void *) and sizeof(long)==sizeof(void *), using
>> InterlockedExchangeCompare & co for pointers (I am using here the
>> ..Pointer variant), and an proper check for timespec.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Kai
>>
>> --
>> |  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
>> | (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
>> | (")_(") him gain world domination
>>
>>    
>
>
>
>  

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [patch] Support for x64 Windows

Kai Tietz-2
2009/6/22 Ross Johnson <[hidden email]>:

> Kai Tietz wrote:
>>
>> PING?
>>
>
> PONG :-)
>
> I don't have the technology to confirm the patch with a build and run, but I
> will run an eye over it ASAP.
>
> Regards.
> Ross
>

Thanks, if you need tests or assistant, don't hesitate to ask me, or
visit our IRC channel on irc://irc.oftc.net/mingw-w64

Regards,
Kai

--
|  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [patch] Support for x64 Windows

Kai Tietz-2
2009/6/22 Kai Tietz <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/6/22 Ross Johnson <[hidden email]>:
>> Kai Tietz wrote:
>>>
>>> PING?
>>>
>>
>> PONG :-)
>>
>> I don't have the technology to confirm the patch with a build and run, but I
>> will run an eye over it ASAP.
>>
>> Regards.
>> Ross
>>
>
> Thanks, if you need tests or assistant, don't hesitate to ask me, or
> visit our IRC channel on irc://irc.oftc.net/mingw-w64
>
> Regards,
> Kai
>
> --
> |  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
> | (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
> | (")_(") him gain world domination
>
Hello,

I just would like to ask, if there is a chance that this patch get reviewed?

Best regards,
Kai

--
|  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
| (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
| (")_(") him gain world domination
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [patch] Support for x64 Windows

Michel Pacilli
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

I'd like to use pthreads-w32 with a 64 bits windows... and well i'm a
not a guru with coders tools like "patch" (svn and so on...)

it seems that this patch is not applied in the cvs tree, could you
explain me how to do ?

do i need to install cygwin tools, or msys ?
is it possible to do it without ?
how do i modify the nmakefile to be 64 bits able ?

well, i know i ask a lot, but i'm feeling unuseful ... i'd like to help!
just tell me how :)

the 64bits step is very important for a lot of applications, and this
library is so useful, i'd like to continue to use a so clean thread code
with 64 bits platforms.

with my best regards,

michel pacilli


Le 12/08/2009 10:23, Kai Tietz a écrit :

> 2009/6/22 Kai Tietz <[hidden email]>:
>> 2009/6/22 Ross Johnson <[hidden email]>:
>>> Kai Tietz wrote:
>>>>
>>>> PING?
>>>>
>>>
>>> PONG :-)
>>>
>>> I don't have the technology to confirm the patch with a build and
>>> run, but I
>>> will run an eye over it ASAP.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>> Ross
>>>
>>
>> Thanks, if you need tests or assistant, don't hesitate to ask me, or
>> visit our IRC channel on irc://irc.oftc.net/mingw-w64
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kai
>>
>> --
>> |  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
>> | (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
>> | (")_(") him gain world domination
>>
> Hello,
>
> I just would like to ask, if there is a chance that this patch get
> reviewed?
>
> Best regards,
> Kai
>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJLeA8nAAoJEIhxgwX9raOW4qoIALjiHDUfUImugOSk96hqKuDS
VzshrDHNHmxh1IHtDY7ZEwtiYr5KInWdv3wDDoCMbWlYfqQQ2GRzPknnJ486p1bN
Z5e/zwrXOIF0EGL5vLzhQWAgU7C6OAJzSJt8DFeSzwDvkQljtAaRye/K1nG2QmJE
Lubp3GR+LLiqvrJbk10OItrh/OKbPaFG2IjBjRUkMATuHLPTxqntYtlNGUfXhK7P
8zUZ2hAd94dT+++EYydl/9WOUJMSNqHP4Ggk3jXq0rmLjWzy2B95KE0M9kLKbfx3
6nwOZ3X6/2mtOf0IKVE6QifYe/e5U/0MgnfiCdCsSGJyGNZ8GT1WMl4Q95/pOj4=
=mhUC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----