network device driver

vasantha.rajan-2
Hi all,

I have some doubts I will list it out.

1. I read i some ecos discuss group that
"network device driver for Redboot
 is polled io, where as a full eCos device driver is interrupt
 driven"

So,
What is difference bewteen network device driver for Red boot and full
ecos device driver????

2. In configuration tool we have a option called startup type(ie,in ecos HAL
package).So,what is the difference between choosing startup type as "ROMRAM"
or "RED BOOT"

3. In struct eth_drv_sc we have a field called "state",what this state
actually indicates???

Thanks in advance...

Thanks and regards
Vasanth

Re: network device driver

Grant Edwards
In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some doubts I will list it out.
>
> 1. I read i some ecos discuss group that
> "network device driver for Redboot
>  is polled io, where as a full eCos device driver is interrupt
>  driven"
>
> So, What is difference bewteen network device driver for Red
> boot and full ecos device driver????

Redboot doesn't use interrupts, it polls the network driver.

A full eCos device driver may use interrupts (all of the ones
I've seen do).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Put FIVE DOZEN red
                                  at               GIRDLES in each CIRCULAR