mips_fp_le-objdump -S will show different result if the $pwd is different

mips_fp_le-objdump -S will show different result if the $pwd is different

Johnson_Hac
Hi folks :
I am using the mips_fp_le-gcc to compile my linux kernel
and I can use mips_fp_le-objdump -S the init/main.o and I see the source
code inter mixed with the assembly code , but but if I change to another
directory
like /home/johnson and use mips_fp_le-objdump -S linux-2.4.x/init/main.o
I will see no source code mixed ,why ?
my binutils is 2.12.1
I try to use the normal gcc tool chain , not crosscompile one ,and it's
fine to
work
Thanks for your help

Re: mips_fp_le-objdump -S will show different result if the $pwd is different

Eric Christopher-2

On Nov 1, 2005, at 8:08 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi folks :
> I am using the mips_fp_le-gcc to compile my linux kernel
> and I can use mips_fp_le-objdump -S the init/main.o and I see the
> source
> code inter mixed with the assembly code , but but if I change to
> another
> directory
> like /home/johnson and use mips_fp_le-objdump -S linux-2.4.x/init/
> main.o
> I will see no source code mixed ,why ?
> my binutils is 2.12.1

My binutils and gcc are both mainline and it seems to work for me.

     21  14:46   /Volumes/Data/installs/install-mips/bin/mips-elf-gcc
-c foo.c -g
     22  14:46   /Volumes/Data/installs/install-mips/bin/mips-elf-
objdump -S -d foo.o | more
     23  14:46   cd /Volumes/Data/
     24  14:46   /Volumes/Data/installs/install-mips/bin/mips-elf-
objdump -S -d ~/foo.o | more

both gave the same output.

-eric

Re: mips_fp_le-objdump -S will show different result if the $pwd is different

Nick Clifton
Hi Johnson,

>> [hidden email] wrote:
>> I will see no source code mixed ,why ?
>> my binutils is 2.12.1

> Eric Christopher wrote:
> My binutils and gcc are both mainline and it seems to work for me.

The point being that if you upgrade from version 2.12.1 (a very old
version) to either the latest release (2.16) or else the mainline
development sources this problem should go away.

Cheers
   Nick