making iso

samwun
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to create eCos iso from the source? I have
download eCos source in FreeBSD 6.0.

Thanks
Sam

IXDPG425

Abraham Celik
Hi,

Has anyone implemented a redboot version for the IXDPG425 board with the NPE
support.
I think I have created one successfully, however I cant get the Ethernet on
MII 0 working in redboot.

When redboot starts up it says "no network interfaces found".

I am just curious if anyone else has a redboot image build and this function
works, so I can upload it and see if works, or behaves the same as mine.

If someone has this could they please send be a Bin file.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Abraham Celik

Re: IXDPG425

Mark Salter-2
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 00:43 +1100, Abraham Celik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone implemented a redboot version for the IXDPG425 board with the NPE
> support.

You can get an NPE-enabled RedBoot from developer.intel.com. I intend
to get that port into CVS sometime in the next few weeks.

--Mark

Re: IXDPG425

jerzy dyrda
On Wednesday 16 of November 2005 15:15, Mark Salter wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 00:43 +1100, Abraham Celik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone implemented a redboot version for the IXDPG425 board with the
> > NPE support.
>
> You can get an NPE-enabled RedBoot from developer.intel.com. I intend
> to get that port into CVS sometime in the next few weeks.

BTW. I send half year ago to this discuss group modified version of NPE's
drive ( I "added"  interrupt and now this driver can work as normal eCos
Ethernet driver - we have eCos based application which work fine with
Ethernet). What do you think about adding this driver to eCos tree?

jerzy

Merging 2 Version

Abraham Celik
Hi Guys,

I am constantly switching between 2 working directories of the ecos systems.

This became a pain in the side, so I decided to try and merge them.

I merged the database file and that seems to work ok.
I copied all the new directories from one to another. (none of which needed
to be over written).
Now I end up in some cases, directories that have version "v2_0" and version
"current". The 2 boards im working on are the ep9302 and the ixdpg425. The
"current" version came from the intel developer site, and the "v2_0" came
from the arm.cirrus site.

Can anyone tell me how to make these 2 versions into 1, or where I could
change the version globally. (preferably al to current).

It seems that I can only create ixdpg425 images when "ONLY" the "current"
directories are there. And for the ep9302 "ONLY" when the v2_0 directories
are there.

I get error messages as per the following:

[ The savefile specifies version 'current' for package 'XXXXXXXXX'
   This version is not available.
   Using the most recent version instead. ]

[ Cannot load version 'current' of package 'XXXXXX', version 'v2_0' is
already loaded. ]

Regards,

Abraham Celik

Re: Merging 2 Version

Bart Veer

    Abraham> Hi Guys,
    Abraham> I am constantly switching between 2 working directories
    Abraham> of the ecos systems.

    Abraham> This became a pain in the side, so I decided to try and
    Abraham> merge them.

    Abraham> I merged the database file and that seems to work ok. I
    Abraham> copied all the new directories from one to another. (none
    Abraham> of which needed to be over written). Now I end up in some
    Abraham> cases, directories that have version "v2_0" and version
    Abraham> "current". The 2 boards im working on are the ep9302 and
    Abraham> the ixdpg425. The "current" version came from the intel
    Abraham> developer site, and the "v2_0" came from the arm.cirrus
    Abraham> site.

Strictly speaking "current" should refer only to a development tree,
e.g. anoncvs. A full release should not use "current".

    Abraham> Can anyone tell me how to make these 2 versions into 1,
    Abraham> or where I could change the version globally. (preferably
    Abraham> all to current).

In theory it should already work with your merged repository.

    Abraham> It seems that I can only create ixdpg425 images when
    Abraham> "ONLY" the "current" directories are there. And for the
    Abraham> ep9302 "ONLY" when the v2_0 directories are there.

First, run "ecosconfig list". The output includes the known versions
for all the packages and should be checked. For example in your merged
repository there should be two versions for the kernel package,
"current" and "v2_0". Intel-specific HAL packages should only have
"current", and arm.cirrus-specific packages should only have "v2_0".

Next, create a new configuration for something like a PC or the
synthetic target and look at the ecos.ecc file. For each package the
configuration tools should default to the most recent version. The
exact rules for comparing version numbers are described in the CDL
guide. "current" is always considered to be the most recent version so
that is what you should see in the ecos.ecc file. The resulting
configuration should build fine.

Given an existing configuration you can change the version of various
packages using e.g. "ecosconfig version v2_0 CYGPKG_KERNEL". The
resulting configuration should still build fine, but be sure that you
do a "make clean" before a rebuild because the current makefile
generator has known problems in this area.

Now repeat for the ixdpg425 and ep9302 platforms. The first should
just build, with all packages using version "current". The second will
default to using "current" for all common packages but "v2_0" for any
ep9302-specific packages. It will probably still build fine, unless
the ep9302 code has specific dependencies on other packages.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                       eCos Configuration Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com/     The eCos and RedBoot experts

Re: Merging 2 Version

Andrew Lunn-2
On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 07:10:53PM +1100, Abraham Celik wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am constantly switching between 2 working directories of the ecos systems.
>
> This became a pain in the side, so I decided to try and merge them.

One little thing to add to Bart's replay. You don't actually need to
merge the directories into one tree if you are only using
ecosconfig. It is capable of handling two or more trees at the same
time. When you set the ECOS_REPOSITORY environment variable, just make
a : seperated list. ecosconfig with then read the two ecos.db files
and merge the packages together into one view.

        Andrew