make check fails with glibc-2.5

S.Çağlar Onur-2
Hi;

I'm getting following "make check" errors on x86 with gcc 3.4.6. I can only
find that [1] one, but it occurs on SPARC so im not sure if related.

zangetsu build-default-i686-pc-linux-gnu-nptl # ./testrun.sh
nptl/tst-cancelx4 | grep "not"
cleanup handler not called for 'read'
cleanup handler not called for 'readv'
cleanup handler not called for 'select'
cleanup handler not called for 'poll'
cleanup handler not called for 'ppoll'
cleanup handler not called for 'write'
cleanup handler not called for 'writev'
cleanup handler not called for 'sleep'
cleanup handler not called for 'usleep'
cleanup handler not called for 'nanosleep'
cleanup handler not called for 'wait'
cleanup handler not called for 'waitid'
cleanup handler not called for 'waitpid'
cleanup handler not called for 'sigpause'
cleanup handler not called for 'sigsuspend'
cleanup handler not called for 'sigwait'
cleanup handler not called for 'sigwaitinfo'
cleanup handler not called for 'sigtimedwait'
cleanup handler not called for 'pause'
cleanup handler not called for 'accept'
cleanup handler not called for 'send'
cleanup handler not called for 'recv'
cleanup handler not called for 'recvfrom'
cleanup handler not called for 'recvmsg'
cleanup handler not called for 'msgrcv'

Any hints will be appreciated.

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-hacker/2006-01/msg00034.html

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <[hidden email]>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!

Re: make check fails with glibc-2.5

S.Çağlar Onur-2
Hi;

31 Ara 2006 Paz 06:54 tarihinde, S.Çağlar Onur şunları yazmıştı:
> I'm getting following "make check" errors on x86 with gcc 3.4.6. I can only
> find that [1] one, but it occurs on SPARC so im not sure if related.
>
> zangetsu build-default-i686-pc-linux-gnu-nptl # ./testrun.sh
> nptl/tst-cancelx4 | grep "not"
> cleanup handler not called for 'read'
>
> Any hints will be appreciated.
>
> [1] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-hacker/2006-01/msg00034.html

I finally found the problem, here it is for googling purposes :)

Enabling "Compat VDSO support" for 2.6.18 causes lots failed test for both
glibc-2.3.6 and glibc-2.5, so just disable it as suggested :)

Cheers