machine maintainer ping: microblaze

Roland McGrath-4
Please review and approve (or commit) the roland/nptl-microblaze branch ASAP.
(Two patches so far, previously posted a while ago.  May be more posted soon.)

Then please follow on ASAP (this week would be nice!) with the vfork
consolidation, or else tell me ASAP what I need to know to try it myself:
* Can you rely on IFUNC?
* If not, can you rely on the C compiler to emit a proper tail call, that
  cannot touch the stack, for a trivial argumentless tail call in C?
* If not, what does the assembly (.S) look like for a tail call to a PLT
  function?  e.g. on x86 it's "jmp JUMPTARGET(foobar)".

Thanks,
Roland

Re: machine maintainer ping: microblaze

David Holsgrove
On 21 June 2014 12:02, Roland McGrath <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please review and approve (or commit) the roland/nptl-microblaze branch ASAP.
> (Two patches so far, previously posted a while ago.  May be more posted soon.)
>
> Then please follow on ASAP (this week would be nice!) with the vfork
> consolidation, or else tell me ASAP what I need to know to try it myself:
> * Can you rely on IFUNC?
> * If not, can you rely on the C compiler to emit a proper tail call, that
>   cannot touch the stack, for a trivial argumentless tail call in C?
> * If not, what does the assembly (.S) look like for a tail call to a PLT
>   function?  e.g. on x86 it's "jmp JUMPTARGET(foobar)".

Apologies for the delayed response Roland - and thanks for your
efforts on this branch.

A build issue has popped up with some of the movements, and I'm in the
process of testing now before submitting and ack'ing your work so far.

Hope to provide sign off on all microblaze nptl changes, and
outstanding microblaze patches shortly.

thanks.
David

> Thanks,
> Roland

Re: machine maintainer ping: microblaze

Roland McGrath-4
Thanks for getting on this.  If there is anything I can do to help figure
out what's gone awry, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Roland

Re: machine maintainer ping: microblaze

David Holsgrove
Hi Roland,

On 27 June 2014 02:22, Roland McGrath <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for getting on this.  If there is anything I can do to help figure
> out what's gone awry, don't hesitate to ask.

I've rebased and committed all your changes which were on
roland/nptl-microblaze to master.

Please let me know if I've missed anything, but think MicroBlaze
should be good now for the remainder of your nptl moves.

thanks again,
David

> Thanks,
> Roland

Re: machine maintainer ping: microblaze

Roland McGrath-4
Thanks!  The only way we'll be sure everything is right is when you test
the build after my roland/nptl branch finally gets merged.