kernel tests

Hien Nguyen
I just checked in some scripts under tests/kernel that provides the
basic automation for the kernel tests.
At the tests/kernel directory run the
./runtests.sh

The runtests.sh will execute the following test
colocated_probes
functional_kprobe_test
temp_disarm
kprobe_unregister_bz1234

The output should look like this when all tests passed
[root@dyn9047022138 kernel]# ./runtests.sh
colocated_probes : PASSED
kprobe_test : PASSED
temp_disarm : PASSED
kprobe_unregister : PASSED

This has been tested on my i386 machine, ppc64 support will be next,
then more tests will be added as we goes.

Hien.

Re: kernel tests

William Cohen
Hien Nguyen wrote:

> I just checked in some scripts under tests/kernel that provides the
> basic automation for the kernel tests.
> At the tests/kernel directory run the
> ./runtests.sh
>
> The runtests.sh will execute the following test
> colocated_probes
> functional_kprobe_test
> temp_disarm
> kprobe_unregister_bz1234
>
> The output should look like this when all tests passed
> [root@dyn9047022138 kernel]# ./runtests.sh
> colocated_probes : PASSED
> kprobe_test : PASSED
> temp_disarm : PASSED
> kprobe_unregister : PASSED
>
> This has been tested on my i386 machine, ppc64 support will be next,
> then more tests will be added as we goes.
>
> Hien.

Hi Hien,

This is great addition. Could you update the tests/Changelog to list the
additions?

-Will