kawa 3.1 released

Per Bothner
Kawa 3.1 is now officially (and belatedly) available.

No major new features since 3.0, but various small improvements.
Most importantly, the web-site is updated.
For a list of the most important changes see:

https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/news.html

The release is available from the usual places:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/kawa/kawa-3.1.tar.gz (Source release)
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/kawa/kawa-3.1.zip (Binary release)

https://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/index.html (Home page and general documentation)
        --Per Bothner

Re: kawa 3.1 released

Duncan Mak
Hello Per,

I just noticed that compared to the Kawa 3.0 binary release, the Kawa
3.1 binary release is missing the "bin/kawa" shell wrapper.

I tried submitting a PR to Homebrew to update the package for macOS
users, but the current script it not gonna work because it expects the
shell wrapper to be available.

https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/48779

Duncan.

Duncan.

Re: kawa 3.1 released

Per Bothner
On 1/8/20 10:51 AM, Duncan Mak wrote:
> Hello Per,
>
> I just noticed that compared to the Kawa 3.0 binary release, the Kawa
> 3.1 binary release is missing the "bin/kawa" shell wrapper.

Looks like a Makefile problem: 'make all' builds bin/kawa,
but 'make kawa-$(VERSION).zip' does not build or require.

Should be easy to fix - need to add the right dependencies.
--
        --Per Bothner
ian

Re: kawa 3.1 released

ian
Hi back Per,

D'ya need me to finally review all ? 🤣

S'pozdravem !

ian

Le 08/01/2020 à 23:27, Per Bothner a écrit :

> On 1/8/20 10:51 AM, Duncan Mak wrote:
>> Hello Per,
>>
>> I just noticed that compared to the Kawa 3.0 binary release, the Kawa
>> 3.1 binary release is missing the "bin/kawa" shell wrapper.
>
> Looks like a Makefile problem: 'make all' builds bin/kawa,
> but 'make kawa-$(VERSION).zip' does not build or require.
>
> Should be easy to fix - need to add the right dependencies.
-- [hidden email]
-- Développeur compulsif

Re: kawa 3.1 released [JavaFX help needed]

Per Bothner
I've fixed the missing kawa-shell-script problem, but ran into some
issues with --browse-manual that I'd like to fix before I make a 3.1.1 update release.
I've fixed most of the problems, but there is one where could use some JavaFX help.

Using the latest git source, try either one of:
   doc/browse-kawa-manual
or:
   kawa --browse-manual=javafx
(which basically runs doc/browse-kawa-manual).

This opens a window that uses JavaFX WebView to browse the documentation.
It mostly works ok, except for one annoyance: The browser does not fill
the entirety of the window. This is most noticeable when resizing the window.

Suggestions?  (Removing the width: and height: keyword arguments doesn't help.)
--
        --Per Bothner