insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

Avi Gozlan

>Number:         341
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Jul 02 12:13:01 UTC 2009
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     [hidden email]
>Release:        insight 6.8
Load any executable file in insight, open the console window, then try to define a breakpoint. E.g.:
(gdb)b file.cpp:Init
The popup: "Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load?" appears. Click Yes and insight crashes.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Release-Note:
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

Re: insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

kseitz
Synopsis: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->keiths
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:29:39 2009
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:29:39 2009
State-Changed-Why:
    If you are using 6.8, I've attached a patch that was committed in Sept to fix this. Otherwise, I recommend grabbing a CVS or a snapshot (which I will do a better job of posting).

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=341

RE: insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

Avi Gozlan
The following reply was made to PR insight/341; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Avi Gozlan <[hidden email]>
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>,
        Avi Gozlan
        <[hidden email]>,
        "[hidden email]"
        <[hidden email]>,
        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>,
        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>,
        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: Avi Gozlan <[hidden email]>
Subject: RE: insight/341: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:49:39 +0300

 I would be thankful if you could supply download details for a stable snaps=
 hot of insight 6.8.

 I got to ftp://sourceware.org/pub/insight/snapshots/current/
 Yet I don't know if the latest weekly snapshot is stable.=20
 Also, what's the relation between the tcltk and insight tarballs? As far as=
  I remember, in the original insight 6.8 tarball both were located in the s=
 ame file... Should I simply tar xvf both to have them under the same src di=
 rectory? Would configure handle both trees correctly?

 Thanks a lot,

 Avi

 Synopsis: insight crashes when defining pending breakpoint

 Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->keiths
 Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
 Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:29:39 2009
 Responsible-Changed-Why:
     mine
 State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
 State-Changed-By: kseitz
 State-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:29:39 2009
 State-Changed-Why:
     If you are using 6.8, I've attached a patch that was committed in Sept =
 to fix this. Otherwise, I recommend grabbing a CVS or a snapshot (which I w=
 ill do a better job of posting).

 http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=3Dview%20audit-trail&database=
 =3Dinsight&pr=3D341

 Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.