gnulocaledir

Noel Yap-2
What's the rationale behind using $(prefix)/share rather than
$(datadir) in some situations (eg ./opcodes/po/Make-in and
./bfd/po/Make-in)?  Would it hurt if I changed these uses to
$(datadir)?

Thanks,
Noel

Re: gnulocaledir

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:18:39AM -0800, Noel Yap wrote:
> What's the rationale behind using $(prefix)/share rather than
> $(datadir) in some situations (eg ./opcodes/po/Make-in and
> ./bfd/po/Make-in)?  Would it hurt if I changed these uses to
> $(datadir)?

Those directories come from binutils; I'm redirecting your question
there.  Make-in comes from gettext, or did at some point in time.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC