glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Niklaus-2
Hi,

~/glibc-2.4/configure --prefix=/home/nik/cross
--host=powerpc-deb-linux --without-tls --without-__thread
--without-cvs --disable-profile --disable-debug --disable-shared
--enable-threads=no
--with-headers=/home/nik/cross/powerpc-deb-linux/include/

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... powerpc-deb-linux-gnu
configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
checking sysdep dirs... sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
sysdeps/powerpc/elf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
sysdep
s/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32 nptl/sysdeps/
unix/sysv/linux/powerpc sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128ibm sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-opt nptl/sysdeps/unix
/sysv/linux nptl/sysdeps/pthread sysdeps/pthread
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux sysdeps/gnu sysdeps/unix/common
sysdeps/unix/mman sys
deps/unix/inet nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv sysdeps/unix/sysv
sysdeps/unix/powerpc nptl/sysdeps/unix sysdeps/unix sysdeps/posix sysd
eps/powerpc/powerpc32 sysdeps/wordsize-32 sysdeps/powerpc/fpu
nptl/sysdeps/powerpc sysdeps/powerpc sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysd
eps/ieee754/flt-32 sysdeps/ieee754 sysdeps/generic/elf sysdeps/generic
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for gcc... gcc
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-g++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-c++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gpp... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-aCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-CC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cxx... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cc++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cl... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-FCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-KCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-RCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-xlC_r... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-xlC... no
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether as is GNU as... yes
checking whether ld is GNU ld... yes
checking for as... as
checking version of as... 2.16.91, ok
checking for ld... ld
checking version of ld... 2.16.91, ok
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... gcc
checking version of gcc... 4.0.3, ok
checking for gnumake... no
checking for gmake... no
checking for make... make
checking version of make... 3.81, ok
checking for gnumsgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... no
checking for msgfmt... no
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
checking version of makeinfo... 4.8, ok
checking for sed... sed
checking version of sed... 4.1.4, ok
checking for autoconf... autoconf
checking whether autoconf works... yes
configure: WARNING:
*** These auxiliary programs are missing or incompatible versions: msgfmt
*** some features will be disabled.
*** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.
checking whether ranlib is necessary... no
checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable... ok
checking whether GCC supports -static-libgcc... -static-libgcc
checking for bash... /bin/sh
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for install-info... /usr/sbin/install-info
checking for bison... /usr/bin/bison
checking for signed size_t type... no
checking for libc-friendly stddef.h... yes
checking whether we need to use -P to assemble .S files... no
checking whether .text pseudo-op must be used... yes
checking for assembler global-symbol directive... .globl
checking for .set assembler directive... yes
checking for assembler .type directive prefix... @
checking for .symver assembler directive... yes
checking for ld --version-script... yes
checking for .previous assembler directive... yes
checking for .protected and .hidden assembler directive... yes
checking whether __attribute__((visibility())) is supported... yes
checking for broken __attribute__((visibility()))... no
checking for broken __attribute__((alias()))... no
checking whether to put _rtld_local into .sdata section... no
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... yes
checking for libunwind-support in compiler... no
checking for -z nodelete option... yes
checking for -z nodlopen option... yes
checking for -z initfirst option... yes
checking for -z relro option... yes
checking for -Bgroup option... yes
checking for libgcc_s suffix...
checking for --as-needed option... yes
checking whether --noexecstack is desirable for .S files... yes
checking for -z combreloc... yes
checking for -z execstack... yes
checking for -fpie... yes
checking for -fno-toplevel-reorder... no
checking for -fstack-protector... no
checking whether cc puts quotes around section names... no
checking for assembler .weak directive... yes
checking whether CFI directives are supported... yes
checking for ld --no-whole-archive... yes
checking for gcc -fexceptions... yes
checking whether clobbering cr0 causes problems... no
checking for __builtin_expect... yes
checking for __builtin_memset... no
checking for redirection of built-in functions... yes
checking for libgd... no
checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for long double... yes
checking size of long double... 12
running configure fragment for sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
running configure fragment for sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
checking whether gcc -g -O2 -mlong-double-128 uses IBM extended format... no
checking whether gcc -g -O2 supports -mabi=ibmlongdouble... no
configure: error: this configuration requires -mlong-double-128 IBM
extended format support


The configure file in linux/powerpc is causing this error. Can someone
suggest me a work around. I noticed that in glibc 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 ,
this configure file doesn't exist.

Regards
Nik
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Lior Balkohen
2006/3/22, Niklaus <[hidden email]>:
...
> checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... no
...
> checking for powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib... no

Furthermore, be sure that your "powerpc-deb-linux-gcc" is at least gcc-4.1.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Niklaus-2
On 3/22/06, Lior Balkohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2006/3/22, Niklaus <[hidden email]>:
> ...
> > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... no
> ...
> > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib... no
>
> Furthermore, be sure that your "powerpc-deb-linux-gcc" is at least gcc-4.1.
>
Yes it is gcc-4.1
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Niklaus-2
In reply to this post by Lior Balkohen
On 3/22/06, Lior Balkohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2006/3/22, Niklaus <[hidden email]>:
> ...
> > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... no
> ...
> > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib... no
>
> Furthermore, be sure that your "powerpc-deb-linux-gcc" is at least gcc-4.1.
>
Sorry it ain't
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Niklaus-2
On 3/22/06, Niklaus <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/22/06, Lior Balkohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 2006/3/22, Niklaus <[hidden email]>:
> > ...
> > > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... no
> > ...
> > > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib... no
> >
> > Furthermore, be sure that your "powerpc-deb-linux-gcc" is at least gcc-4.1.
> >
> Sorry it ain't
>
Hi,
 I am getting the same error ,
 I tried build glibc for headers with gcc 4.1 but still it is giving
the same error. Can someone help me out .

 gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
Configured with: /home/nik/cross/gcc-4.1.0/configure
--prefix=/home/nik/utils/ --enable-languages=c,c++
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.0

[nik@localhost glibcheaders]$ libc_cv_ppc_machine=yes
CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0  ~/cross/glibc-2.4/configure
--prefix=/usr --host=powerpc-deb-linux --without-cvs
--disable-sanity-checks
--with-headers=/home/nik/utils/powerpc-deb-linux/include
--enable-hacker-mode
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
checking host system type... powerpc-deb-linux-gnu
configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
checking sysdep dirs... sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
sysdeps/powerpc/elf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128ibm sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-opt
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux nptl/sysdeps/pthread sysdeps/pthread
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux sysdeps/gnu sysdeps/unix/common
sysdeps/unix/mman sysdeps/unix/inet nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv
sysdeps/unix/sysv sysdeps/unix/powerpc nptl/sysdeps/unix sysdeps/unix
sysdeps/posix sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32 sysdeps/wordsize-32
sysdeps/powerpc/fpu nptl/sysdeps/powerpc sysdeps/powerpc
sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 sysdeps/ieee754
sysdeps/generic/elf sysdeps/generic
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0 accepts -g... yes
checking for i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0 option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for gcc... gcc
checking how to run the C preprocessor... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0 -E
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-g++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-c++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gpp... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-aCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-CC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cxx... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cc++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cl... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-FCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-KCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-RCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-xlC_r... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-xlC... no
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib... powerpc-deb-linux-ranlib
checking whether as is GNU as... yes
checking whether ld is GNU ld... yes
checking for as... as
checking version of as... 2.15.94.0.2.2, ok
checking for ld... ld
checking version of ld... 2.15.94.0.2.2, ok
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... (cached) i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0
checking version of i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0... 4.1.0, ok
checking for gnumake... no
checking for gmake... gmake
checking version of gmake... 3.80, ok
checking for gnumsgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... no
checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
checking version of msgfmt... 0.14.3, ok
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
checking version of makeinfo... 4.8, ok
checking for sed... sed
checking version of sed... 4.1.4, ok
checking for autoconf... autoconf
checking whether autoconf works... yes
checking whether ranlib is necessary... no
checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable... ok
checking whether GCC supports -static-libgcc... -static-libgcc
checking for bash... /bin/sh
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for install-info... /sbin/install-info
checking for bison... /usr/bin/bison
checking for signed size_t type... no
checking for libc-friendly stddef.h... yes
checking whether we need to use -P to assemble .S files... no
checking whether .text pseudo-op must be used... yes
checking for assembler global-symbol directive... .globl
checking for .set assembler directive... yes
checking for assembler .type directive prefix... @
checking for .symver assembler directive... yes
checking for ld --version-script... yes
checking for .previous assembler directive... yes
checking for .protected and .hidden assembler directive... yes
checking whether __attribute__((visibility())) is supported... yes
checking for broken __attribute__((visibility()))... no
checking for broken __attribute__((alias()))... no
checking whether to put _rtld_local into .sdata section... no
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... yes
checking for libunwind-support in compiler... no
checking for -z nodelete option... yes
checking for -z nodlopen option... yes
checking for -z initfirst option... yes
checking for -z relro option... yes
checking for -Bgroup option... yes
checking for libgcc_s suffix...
checking for --as-needed option... yes
checking whether --noexecstack is desirable for .S files... yes
checking for -z combreloc... yes
checking for -z execstack... yes
checking for -fpie... yes
checking for -fno-toplevel-reorder... no
checking for -fstack-protector... yes
checking whether cc puts quotes around section names... no
checking for assembler .weak directive... yes
checking whether CFI directives are supported... yes
checking for ld --no-whole-archive... yes
checking for gcc -fexceptions... yes
checking whether clobbering cr0 causes problems... no
checking for __builtin_expect... yes
checking for __builtin_memset... no
checking for redirection of built-in functions... yes
checking for __thread... yes
checking for tls_model attribute... yes
checking for libgd... yes
checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... yes
checking for NSCD Flask permissions in selinux/av_permissions.h... yes
checking for audit_log_user_avc_message in -laudit... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for long double... yes
checking size of long double... 12
running configure fragment for sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
checking for powerpc32 TLS support... no
running configure fragment for sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0 -g -O2 -mlong-double-128
uses IBM extended format... no
checking whether i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0 -g -O2 supports
-mabi=ibmlongdouble... no
configure: error: this configuration requires -mlong-double-128 IBM
extended format support
[nik@localhost glibcheaders]$
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Lior Balkohen
2006/3/25, Niklaus <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>  I am getting the same error ,
>  I tried build glibc for headers with gcc 4.1 but still it is giving
> the same error. Can someone help me out .
>
>  gcc -v
> Using built-in specs.
> Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
> Configured with: /home/nik/cross/gcc-4.1.0/configure
> --prefix=/home/nik/utils/ --enable-languages=c,c++
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 4.1.0

This is your HOSTCC, but you want to crosscompile for target powerpc-linux.

> [nik@localhost glibcheaders]$ libc_cv_ppc_machine=yes
> CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0  ~/cross/glibc-2.4/configure
> --prefix=/usr --host=powerpc-deb-linux --without-cvs
> --disable-sanity-checks
> --with-headers=/home/nik/utils/powerpc-deb-linux/include
> --enable-hacker-mode
> configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
>     If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
> checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> checking host system type... powerpc-deb-linux-gnu
> configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
> checking sysdep dirs... sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
> sysdeps/powerpc/elf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
> sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
> nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
> nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
> sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128ibm sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-opt
> nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux nptl/sysdeps/pthread sysdeps/pthread
> sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux sysdeps/gnu sysdeps/unix/common
> sysdeps/unix/mman sysdeps/unix/inet nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv
> sysdeps/unix/sysv sysdeps/unix/powerpc nptl/sysdeps/unix sysdeps/unix
> sysdeps/posix sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32 sysdeps/wordsize-32
> sysdeps/powerpc/fpu nptl/sysdeps/powerpc sysdeps/powerpc
> sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 sysdeps/ieee754
> sysdeps/generic/elf sysdeps/generic
> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So, the configure script cannot detect a "powerpc-deb-linux"
cross-compiler.  Go, read some documentation about cross compiling.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/clfs/view/cross-lfs/ppc is a good start!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: glibc 2.4 powerpc configure -m-long-double error

Niklaus-2
Hello,



On 3/25/06, Lior Balkohen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2006/3/25, Niklaus <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi,
> >  I am getting the same error ,
> >  I tried build glibc for headers with gcc 4.1 but still it is giving
> > the same error. Can someone help me out .
> >
> >  gcc -v
> > Using built-in specs.
> > Target: i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > Configured with: /home/nik/cross/gcc-4.1.0/configure
> > --prefix=/home/nik/utils/ --enable-languages=c,c++
> > Thread model: posix
> > gcc version 4.1.0
>
> This is your HOSTCC, but you want to crosscompile for target powerpc-linux.
>
> > [nik@localhost glibcheaders]$ libc_cv_ppc_machine=yes
> > CC=i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0  ~/cross/glibc-2.4/configure
> > --prefix=/usr --host=powerpc-deb-linux --without-cvs
> > --disable-sanity-checks
> > --with-headers=/home/nik/utils/powerpc-deb-linux/include
> > --enable-hacker-mode
> > configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
> >     If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
> > checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > checking host system type... powerpc-deb-linux-gnu
> > configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
> > checking sysdep dirs... sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
> > sysdeps/powerpc/elf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
> > sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
> > nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
> > sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
> > nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
> > sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128ibm sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-opt
> > nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux nptl/sysdeps/pthread sysdeps/pthread
> > sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux sysdeps/gnu sysdeps/unix/common
> > sysdeps/unix/mman sysdeps/unix/inet nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv
> > sysdeps/unix/sysv sysdeps/unix/powerpc nptl/sysdeps/unix sysdeps/unix
> > sysdeps/posix sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32 sysdeps/wordsize-32
> > sysdeps/powerpc/fpu nptl/sysdeps/powerpc sysdeps/powerpc
> > sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 sysdeps/ieee754
> > sysdeps/generic/elf sysdeps/generic
> > checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> > checking whether ln -s works... yes
> > checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.0
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> So, the configure script cannot detect a "powerpc-deb-linux"
> cross-compiler.  Go, read some documentation about cross compiling.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/clfs/view/cross-lfs/ppc is a good start!
>

actually this was the procedure i always used for cross-compilation.
Now i know it is wrong, But for gcc3.4 and glibc 2.3.4 , it used to
work very well. I used to build the entire toolchain in this manner
and the executables worked fine .Anyways i have built the new
powerpc-deb-linux-gcc and it supports the -mlong-double-128 options .
thanks for the help Daniel and Lior.
But now a new problem has cropped up namely forced unwind . On few of
the threads i see that it is binutils bug, but i am not sure in this
case.Can you help me in this regard.

[nik@localhost glibcheaders]$ powerpc-deb-linux-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-deb-linux
Configured with: /home/nik/cross/gcc-4.1.0/configure
--target=powerpc-deb-linux --prefix=/home/nik/utils --disable-multilib
--with-newlib --disable-nls --enable-threads=no --enable-symvers=gnu
--disable-shared --enable-languages=c --enable-__cxa_atexit
--with-sysroot=/home/nik/utils/powerpc-deb-linux
Thread model: single
gcc version 4.1.0
[nik@localhost glibcheaders]$ libc_cv_ppc_machine=yes
CC=powerpc-deb-linux-gcc ~/cross/glibc-2.4/configure --prefix=/usr
--host=powerpc-deb-linux  --without-cvs --disable-sanity-checks
--enable-hacker-mode --disable-threads
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... powerpc-deb-linux-gnu
configure: running configure fragment for add-on nptl
checking sysdep dirs... sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
sysdeps/powerpc/elf sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/fpu
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/powerpc32
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-128ibm sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-opt
nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux nptl/sysdeps/pthread sysdeps/pthread
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux sysdeps/gnu sysdeps/unix/common
sysdeps/unix/mman sysdeps/unix/inet nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv
sysdeps/unix/sysv sysdeps/unix/powerpc nptl/sysdeps/unix sysdeps/unix
sysdeps/posix sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32 sysdeps/wordsize-32
sysdeps/powerpc/fpu nptl/sysdeps/powerpc sysdeps/powerpc
sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 sysdeps/ieee754
sysdeps/generic/elf sysdeps/generic
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... powerpc-deb-linux-gcc
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether powerpc-deb-linux-gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for gcc... gcc
checking how to run the C preprocessor... powerpc-deb-linux-gcc -E
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-g++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-c++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gpp... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-aCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-CC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cxx... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cc++... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-cl... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-FCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-KCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-RCC... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-xlC_r... no
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-xlC... no
checking for g++... g++
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking whether
/home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/as
is GNU as... yes
checking whether
/home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/ld
is GNU ld... yes
checking for /home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/as...
/home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/as
checking version of
/home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/as...
2.16, ok
checking for /home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/ld...
/home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/ld
checking version of
/home/nik/utils/lib/gcc/powerpc-deb-linux/4.1.0/../../../../powerpc-deb-linux/bin/ld...
2.16, ok
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking for powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... (cached) powerpc-deb-linux-gcc
checking version of powerpc-deb-linux-gcc... 4.1.0, ok
checking for gnumake... no
checking for gmake... gmake
checking version of gmake... 3.80, ok
checking for gnumsgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... no
checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
checking version of msgfmt... 0.14.3, ok
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
checking version of makeinfo... 4.8, ok
checking for sed... sed
checking version of sed... 4.1.4, ok
checking for autoconf... autoconf
checking whether autoconf works... yes
checking whether ranlib is necessary... no
checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable... ok
checking whether GCC supports -static-libgcc... -static-libgcc
checking for bash... /bin/sh
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for install-info... /sbin/install-info
checking for bison... /usr/bin/bison
checking for signed size_t type... no
checking for libc-friendly stddef.h... yes
checking whether we need to use -P to assemble .S files... no
checking whether .text pseudo-op must be used... yes
checking for assembler global-symbol directive... .globl
checking for .set assembler directive... yes
checking for assembler .type directive prefix... @
checking for .symver assembler directive... yes
checking for ld --version-script... yes
checking for .previous assembler directive... yes
checking for .protected and .hidden assembler directive... yes
checking whether __attribute__((visibility())) is supported... yes
checking for broken __attribute__((visibility()))... no
checking for broken __attribute__((alias()))... no
checking whether to put _rtld_local into .sdata section... yes
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... yes
checking for libunwind-support in compiler... no
checking for -z nodelete option... yes
checking for -z nodlopen option... yes
checking for -z initfirst option... yes
checking for -z relro option... yes
checking for -Bgroup option... yes
checking for libgcc_s suffix...
checking for --as-needed option... no
checking whether --noexecstack is desirable for .S files... yes
checking for -z combreloc... yes
checking for -z execstack... yes
checking for -fpie... no
checking for -fno-toplevel-reorder... no
checking for -fstack-protector... no
checking whether cc puts quotes around section names... no
checking for assembler .weak directive... yes
checking whether CFI directives are supported... yes
checking for ld --no-whole-archive... yes
checking for gcc -fexceptions... yes
checking whether clobbering cr0 causes problems... no
checking for __builtin_expect... yes
checking for __builtin_memset... no
checking for redirection of built-in functions... yes
checking for __thread... yes
checking for tls_model attribute... yes
checking for libgd... no
checking for is_selinux_enabled in -lselinux... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for sys/types.h... no
checking for sys/stat.h... no
checking for stdlib.h... no
checking for string.h... no
checking for memory.h... no
checking for strings.h... no
checking for inttypes.h... no
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... no
checking for long double... no
checking size of long double... 0
running configure fragment for sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/elf
checking for powerpc32 TLS support... yes
running configure fragment for sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc
checking whether powerpc-deb-linux-gcc -g -O2 -mlong-double-128 uses
IBM extended format... yes
running configure fragment for sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-opt
checking whether powerpc-deb-linux-gcc -g -O2 supports -mlong-double-128... yes
running configure fragment for nptl/sysdeps/pthread
checking for forced unwind support... no
configure: error: forced unwind support is required
[nik@localhost glibcheaders]$


Thank you,
Nik