glibc 2.31 ABI freeze on July 1st

Carlos O'Donell-6
Community,

We have ~3 weeks of active development before we freeze the ABI
for the glibc 2.31 release.

The release happens on August 1st.

Please keep an eye on these deadlines and speak up if you have
an ABI addition or change that you want in place for 2.31.

Cheers,
Carlos.

Re: glibc 2.31 ABI freeze on July 1st

Siddhesh Poyarekar-8
On 11/06/19 10:01 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Community,
>
> We have ~3 weeks of active development before we freeze the ABI
> for the glibc 2.31 release.
>
> The release happens on August 1st.
>
> Please keep an eye on these deadlines and speak up if you have
> an ABI addition or change that you want in place for 2.31.

Thanks for covering up for me Carlos.  I've been a bit distracted with
other things and was wondering if you could handle the 2.31 release.
Really sorry for the very late notice :/

I haven't had the time to look into the ChangeLog automation work either
but I'm hoping to get my ducks in a row for that by Cauldron time.

Siddhesh

On 6/13/19 1:27 PM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> On 11/06/19 10:01 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> We have ~3 weeks of active development before we freeze the ABI
>> for the glibc 2.31 release.
>>
>> The release happens on August 1st.
>>
>> Please keep an eye on these deadlines and speak up if you have
>> an ABI addition or change that you want in place for 2.31.
>>

> Thanks for covering up for me Carlos.  I've been a bit distracted with
> other things and was wondering if you could handle the 2.31 release.
> Really sorry for the very late notice :/
>
> I haven't had the time to look into the ChangeLog automation work either
> but I'm hoping to get my ducks in a row for that by Cauldron time.

No worries!

Let me ask for volunteers on list.

As a project steward I'm happy to be a fallback, but I'm happiest when
new people run through the process and give feedback on it.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.