easy "libpthread.a" creation

Roger Pack
Excuse me if this has been asked before or is common knowledge, but is
there a way, when compiling the static library, to specify that it
output a file name "libpthread.a" regardless of the environment it's
built in?
Also is there such a thing as "make install" for the makefile?
Thanks, from a beginner!
-roger-

Re: easy "libpthread.a" creation

Roger Pack
On 9/24/12, Roger Pack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Excuse me if this has been asked before or is common knowledge, but is
> there a way, when compiling the static library, to specify that it
> output a file name "libpthread.a" regardless of the environment it's
> built in?

I did notice this the other day, if it's any pointer or help:

c:\devkit451\mingw\lib>cat libpthread.a
GROUP (-lpthreadGC2 -lws2_32)