eCos application crashes

Lukas Riezler
Hi eCos-guys!

I have a problem with my fm3 port.
When I start an eCos application first it seems to run fine...but after ~1 second it crashes and restarts.
Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this behaviour?
I've tried to compile eCos without optimization ==> the first running was okay! The application did run fine!!!
But when I started it a few minutes later it crashed again...

I'll become desperate :/

With kind regards, Lukas

Re: eCos application crashes

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
On 03.06.2013 21:31, Lukas Riezler wrote:
> Hi eCos-guys!
>
> I have a problem with my fm3 port.
> When I start an eCos application first it seems to run fine...but after ~1 second it crashes and restarts.
> Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this behaviour?
> I've tried to compile eCos without optimization ==> the first running was okay! The application did run fine!!!
> But when I started it a few minutes later it crashed again...

Is it the application or the port that chrashes? Have you tried the
application on some mature port?

HTH
Ilija

Aw: Re: [ECOS] eCos application crashes

Lukas Riezler
Hi Ilja,

I think it's the port which crashes...because the application contains only a simple counter.
I did the clocking and hal_diag.c - are there any traps causing me stumble?The clocking I did is on the same way like it is described in examples of FM3 (where the clocks also get initialized). So I can't imagine that my fault depends on clocking.

Lukas

Gesendet: Montag, 03. Juni 2013 um 21:49 Uhr
Von: "Ilija Kocho" <[hidden email]>
An: "Lukas Riezler" <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email]
Betreff: Re: [ECOS] eCos application crashes
On 03.06.2013 21:31, Lukas Riezler wrote:
> Hi eCos-guys!
>
> I have a problem with my fm3 port.
> When I start an eCos application first it seems to run fine...but after ~1 second it crashes and restarts.
> Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this behaviour?
> I've tried to compile eCos without optimization ==> the first running was okay! The application did run fine!!!
> But when I started it a few minutes later it crashed again...

Is it the application or the port that chrashes? Have you tried the
application on some mature port?

HTH
Ilija

Re: Aw: Re: [ECOS] eCos application crashes

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
On 03.06.2013 22:14, Lukas Riezler wrote:
> Hi Ilja,
>
> I think it's the port which crashes...because the application contains only a simple counter.
> I did the clocking and hal_diag.c - are there any traps causing me stumble?The clocking I did is on the same way like it is described in examples of FM3 (where the clocks also get initialized). So I can't imagine that my fault depends on clocking.

Try to imagine... Check whether your code tries access on some illegal
location.

Is your hardware properly initialized? Some devices like Kinetis have
watchdog that is enabled after reset so you must disable it before u do
anything. Does FM3 have one?

Ilija

> Lukas
>

> Gesendet: Montag, 03. Juni 2013 um 21:49 Uhr
> Von: "Ilija Kocho" <[hidden email]>
> An: "Lukas Riezler" <[hidden email]>
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Betreff: Re: [ECOS] eCos application crashes
> On 03.06.2013 21:31, Lukas Riezler wrote:
>> Hi eCos-guys!
>>
>> I have a problem with my fm3 port.
>> When I start an eCos application first it seems to run fine...but after ~1 second it crashes and restarts.
>> Do you have any idea what could be the reason for this behaviour?
>> I've tried to compile eCos without optimization ==> the first running was okay! The application did run fine!!!
>> But when I started it a few minutes later it crashed again...
> Is it the application or the port that chrashes? Have you tried the
> application on some mature port?
>
> HTH
> Ilija

Aw: Re: Re: [ECOS] eCos application crashes

Lukas Riezler
Hi Ilja,

I think you are right!!!
It seems that the situation for FM3 is the same like for kinetis!
==> I forgot to disable the hardware watchdog!
Now it seems to run! :-)

Thank you very very much for this hint!

Lukas

Gesendet: Dienstag, 04. Juni 2013 um 00:07 Uhr