eCos Foot Print and bootup time details.

eCos Foot Print and bootup time details.

mahesh.kalachary

Hi,

We are evaluating some RTOS's for one of our client, we require the below details w.r.t eCos for ARM7TDMI urgently.

1. Minimum footprint, for eCos kernel [with scheduler, Threads, Exceptions, Interrupts, Counters, clocks, alarms and timers].
        a. For RAM
        b. For Flash

2. Kernel Bootup time with out TCP/ IP stack and
3. The number of instructions the kernel will have to execute to bring eCos up.

Thanks in advance,
Mahesh. K

www.wipro.com

Re: eCos Foot Print and bootup time details.

Alex Schuilenburg
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are evaluating some RTOS's for one of our client, we require the
> below details w.r.t eCos for ARM7TDMI urgently.
>
> 1. Minimum footprint, for eCos kernel [with scheduler, Threads,
> Exceptions, Interrupts, Counters, clocks, alarms and timers]. a. For
> RAM b. For Flash
>
> 2. Kernel Bootup time with out TCP/ IP stack and 3. The number of
> instructions the kernel will have to execute to bring eCos up.

What other RTOS's are you evaluating, maybe the ecos community is also
willing to do those evaluations for you as well?

You have the source...

-- Alex

> Thanks in advance, Mahesh. K

> immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any
> attachments.

> viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by
> any virus transmitted by this email.
>

> www.wipro.com

RE: eCos Foot Print and bootup time details.

mahesh.kalachary

Iam trying to evaluate eCos, VxWorks and u cOS II

I don't have the sources so its becoming very difficult to evaluate, so
I had requested for the below data. Any pointers in this will be greatly
use full.

Best regards,
Mahesh. K

> We are evaluating some RTOS's for one of our client, we require the
> below details w.r.t eCos for ARM7TDMI urgently.
>
> 1. Minimum footprint, for eCos kernel [with scheduler, Threads,
> Exceptions, Interrupts, Counters, clocks, alarms and timers]. a. For
> RAM b. For Flash
>
> 2. Kernel Bootup time with out TCP/ IP stack and 3. The number of
> instructions the kernel will have to execute to bring eCos up.

What other RTOS's are you evaluating, maybe the ecos community is also
willing to do those evaluations for you as well?

You have the source...

-- Alex

> Thanks in advance, Mahesh. K

> immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any
> attachments.

> viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by
> any virus transmitted by this email.
>

> www.wipro.com

www.wipro.com

Fwd: [ECOS] eCos Foot Print and bootup time details.

Fabian Scheler
Hi,

> I don't have the sources so its becoming very difficult to evaluate, so

 so, why don't get the sources, they are freely available via CVS
(http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html).

 Ciao, Fabian

Fabian Scheler wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I don't have the sources so its becoming very difficult to evaluate, so
>

> so, why don't get the sources, they are freely available via CVS
> (http://ecos.sourceware.org/anoncvs.html).

Or even weekly snapshots of CVS via ftp or http:
  http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/snapshots.shtml

And then there is the 2.0 release:
  http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html

-- Alex

[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iam trying to evaluate eCos, VxWorks and u cOS II

I will give you a commercial comparison for free.

eCos:    Free
VxWorks: Paid for license that depends on how deep your customer's
         pockets are, sources only if you are willing to break the bank
         :-)
ucOS II: Paid for license for commercial use, smaller feature set.

The rest we will leave to you...

We would love to see the results of your evaluation here - maybe wipro
would be willing to give something back to the community?

-- Alex