detailed Warning informatoin output

bibo,mao-2
Hi,
Sometimes when system is heavy load or there are many trace points,
there will be some WARNING information like this:
        WARNING: Number of errors: 0, skipped probes: 2141
And I do know whether the WARNING information can be formatted output
more detailed. For example, for skipped probes, for kprobe, kprobe trace
point is printed; and for kretprobe, kretprobe trace point and function
name is printed. And sometime it is benefit for us to analyze
kprobe/kretprobe.

Regards
Bibo,mao

Re: detailed Warning informatoin output

Frank Ch. Eigler

[hidden email] wrote:

> [...]
> WARNING: Number of errors: 0, skipped probes: 2141
> And I do know whether the WARNING information can be formatted output
> more detailed. [...]

Yes, that could be nice to have.  One problem with more information is
that skipped probes occur in situations where there is little time and
space available to safely store it.

- FChE

RE: detailed Warning informatoin output

bibo,mao-2
Maybe the skipped probe information can be output when systemtap exits, and when unregistering kprobe/kretprobe this information can be output. Of course there is other reason kprobe is skipped, but currently I think missed kprobe/kretprobe should be focused on.

Regards
Bibo,mao