conditional jump to subroutine in x86 ?

SandeepKsinha
 Hello everyone,

This is a piece of code of the dis-asm.h from the /binutils/include/ .
It has  a type Conditional jump to subroutines.
Do we have conditional jump to subroutine in x86 ?
Please help.

enum dis_insn_type
        {
           dis_noninsn, /* Not a valid instruction */
           dis_nonbranch, /* Not a branch instruction */
           dis_branch, /* Unconditional branch */
           dis_condbranch, /* Conditional branch */
           dis_jsr, /* Jump to subroutine */
           dis_condjsr, /* Conditional jump to subroutine */
           dis_dref, /* Data reference instruction */
           dis_dref2 /* Two data references in instruction */
        }

Sandeep

A candle loses nothing if it is used to light another one!
Regards,
Sandeep

A candle loses nothing if it is used to light another one!

Re: conditional jump to subroutine in x86 ?

Ian Lance Taylor
Sandeep Kumar <[hidden email]> writes:

> This is a piece of code of the dis-asm.h from the /binutils/include/ .
> It has  a type Conditional jump to subroutines.
> Do we have conditional jump to subroutine in x86 ?

No, the x86 does not have conditional call instructions.  Not every
processor has them, but, e.g., ARM and MIPS have them.

Ian