c++/2092: Type printing uses different code from value access.

c++/2092: Type printing uses different code from value access.

Daniel Jacobowitz-2

>Number:         2092
>Category:       c++
>Synopsis:       Type printing uses different code from value access.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed Mar 01 18:58:01 GMT 2006
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     [hidden email]
>Release:        CVS 2006-03-01
>Environment:

Because value_struct_elt is bypassed for EVAL_AVOID_SIDE_EFFECTS, lookup_struct_elt_type has to duplicate a lot of code.  It doesn't do so very faithfully.

Maybe we should still avoid memory accesses (and thus not do implicit RTTI lookups), or maybe not - unclear.