building the mach-o-arm64 target only

Eric Gorr-2
Hello.

I had a question regarding building binutils. I would like to build it
for the mach-o-arm64 target only. If I use the --enable-targets=all
configure option, it will make a copy of objcopy, for example, which
lists mach-o-arm64 as a supported target. However, if I try
--enable-targets=mach-o-arm64 and try to make the project, I get the
error

     BFD does not support target mach-o-arm64.
     Look in bfd/config.bfd for supported targets.

I look at config.bfd, but I am having a great deal of difficulity
parsing that file to figure out how I can get it to build for just the
mach-o-arm64 target. Can anyone help?

Re: building the mach-o-arm64 target only

Nick Clifton
Hi Eric,

> I had a question regarding building binutils. I would like to build it
> for the mach-o-arm64 target only.

Try using:

  --target=aarch64-darwin

Cheers
  Nick

Re: building the mach-o-arm64 target only

Tristan Gingold-2
On 14/06/2017 10:28, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
>> I had a question regarding building binutils. I would like to build it
>> for the mach-o-arm64 target only.
>
> Try using:
>
>   --target=aarch64-darwin

Note that neither gas nor ld are supported by aarch64-darwin.