building a program on my debian x64 system for the raspberrypi

building a program on my debian x64 system for the raspberrypi

Nick Gawronski
Hi, I am trying to setup a cross compilation system so I can build
binaries for the raspberrypi both model b and 3b models. Yes I know I
can compile directly on the raspberrypi but was wondering how easy is it
to setup a cross compilation system to be able to take advantage of my
fast system to build for my much slower raspberrypi computers?  Nick
Gawronski

Re: building a program on my debian x64 system for the raspberrypi

Sourceware - crossgcc list mailing list
The raspberrypi.org website has some instructions which might help.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/kernel/building.md

They talk about doing it on Ubuntu but in my experience what works on Ubuntu also works on Debian, with sometimes a few small variations.

--
Dan Wilder