bpf backend does not compile on older kernels

bpf backend does not compile on older kernels

Torsten Polle
Hi,

the kernel used by me does not define BPF_PROG_TYPE_KPROBE, BPF_PROG_TYPE_KPROBE and BPF_PROG_TYPE_PERF_EVENT. Therefore the compilation of stapbpf.cxx fails, as the check AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/bpf.h) in configure.ac does not spot the missing macros.

Kind Regards,
Torsten

Re: bpf backend does not compile on older kernels

Aaron Merey
Hi Torsten,

Thanks for pointing this out, a fix is currently being worked on.

Best Regards,
Aaron