[binutils-openrisc 0/0] Submission.

Balint Cristian

Hello !

  In a patch series will try to respin the openrisc alias or32 cpu suport .
As declared openrisc was marked for obsoetion, in next binutils release it will be
removed if someone not take it up and respin its code.

 We, few developers from opencores group pleased to show up code to
rebreath life in or32 port of binutils.

I follow this mail with these patches:

1/1  s/openrsic/or32/ , OR32 is oficial arch name and decision choosen by developers.
1/2  bfd: add a new 28 bit displacement reloc
1/3  linker: remove custom template, use default elf32 template and adust pagesize.
1/4  opcode: add/change some opcodes, and cleanup its ancient code.
1/5  include: fix outdated headers, remove any warning.
1/6  gas: fix outdated code, remove compile warnings.
1/7  bfd: fix partial_inplace, rewrite hi/lo cont relocation, excerpts from mips.
1/8  Add Matjaz to MAINTAINERS.

Please review these patches.

  REMARK:
Patch is against CVS binutils.
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:[hidden email]:/cvs/src checkout -D '2005-12-13 22:00' binutils

Balint Cristian

Re: [binutils-openrisc 0/0] Submission.

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 12:16:11PM +0200, Balint Cristian wrote:

> Hello !
>
>   In a patch series will try to respin the openrisc alias or32 cpu suport .
> As declared openrisc was marked for obsoetion, in next binutils release it will be
> removed if someone not take it up and respin its code.
>
>  We, few developers from opencores group pleased to show up code to
> rebreath life in or32 port of binutils.

Some basic comments:

One patch modifies config.sub; that file can't be changed here, changes
have to go to the config-patches list hosted on savannah.  I don't
think you need that change, anyway.

All patches must have a changelog, divided into bits for the
appropriate directories (anything which has its own ChangeLog in the
sources).  It's hard to see what you're doing without this.

Patches need to have a copyright assignment.  It's not clear who wrote
these patches, but neither you nor Matjaz appears to have an FSF
assignment on file; I recommend you take care of that first.

Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 18:33, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Some basic comments:
>
> One patch modifies config.sub; that file can't be changed here, changes

> have to go to the config-patches list hosted on savannah.  I don't
> think you need that change, anyway.

I review that config.sub, probably will not need as you told.

> All patches must have a changelog, divided into bits for the
> appropriate directories (anything which has its own ChangeLog in the
> sources).  It's hard to see what you're doing without this.

     Understand, will come up with a clean understandable changelog too.
It will be log a bit ;-)

> Patches need to have a copyright assignment.  It's not clear who wrote
> these patches, but neither you nor Matjaz appears to have an FSF
> assignment on file; I recommend you take care of that first.

      How to done that "copyright assignment"  ?

      Personalay I can sign any paper or whatever to sign and think Matjaz, Damian and people mentioned there
can sign too for tose pieces of code.

      Daniel, as a newcomer on this land what mean by copyright assignment, need to sign some papers
or else ?

Thanks !

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 11:49:49AM +0200, Balint Cristian wrote:
>       Daniel, as a newcomer on this land what mean by copyright
> assignment, need to sign some papers or else ?

Yes.  Anyone who wrote part of the patches you want to submit
will probably need one:

Please email the following information to [hidden email], and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.

**PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME AS THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE MESSAGE.***

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these
changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you
written
so far?]

--
Daniel Jacobowitz