binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Phil Blundell-3
I'm planning to create the branch for the binutils-2.33 release on
September 7, which is a bit more than 2 weeks from now.  If anybody
has pending changes that they would like to get into this release,
please plan on landing them in master before then.

Thanks
Phil

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Nick Clifton
Hi Phil,

> I'm planning to create the branch for the binutils-2.33 release on
> September 7, which is a bit more than 2 weeks from now.

I am not seeing the branch listed.  Did something hold up its creation ?

Cheers
  Nick

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Phil Blundell-3
Hi Nick,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 09:46:58AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> I am not seeing the branch listed.  Did something hold up its creation ?

No, the file edits just took a bit longer than I expected and I
ran out of time on Saturday.  I'm going to finish it this morning.

Phil

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Phil Blundell-3
On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 09:46:58AM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> I am not seeing the branch listed.  Did something hold up its creation ?

Oh, one question.  Am I supposed to be changing the version number in
gold?  The README-how-to-make-a-release file says to update NEWS in
that directory, but I am not sure what I should sensibly add or how
exactly the gold versions are managed.  As far as I can tell, the 2.32
release didn't include a version bump for gold so I am assuming I
should just leave it alone...

Thanks

Phil

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Nick Clifton
Hi Phil,

> Oh, one question.  Am I supposed to be changing the version number in
> gold?

I would say no.  Leave that to the gold maintainers.

> The README-how-to-make-a-release file says to update NEWS in
> that directory, but I am not sure what I should sensibly add or how
> exactly the gold versions are managed.  As far as I can tell, the 2.32
> release didn't include a version bump for gold so I am assuming I
> should just leave it alone...

Yeah, best to leave it to them.

Cheers
  Nick

On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 12:47:55PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Yeah, best to leave it to them.

Okay, great, that's what I did.  I pushed the branch earlier today
so you should see it now.  If not, let me know.

Phil

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Matthias Klose-6

the version should be bumped to 2.32.90

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Matthias Klose-6
[CCing Joel]

On 09.09.19 15:05, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 12:47:55PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Yeah, best to leave it to them.
>
> Okay, great, that's what I did.  I pushed the branch earlier today
> so you should see it now.  If not, let me know.

the version bump for version.h needs to be enabled for the 2.33 branch.

Matthias

Re: binutils-2.33 branch in 2 weeks

Joel Brobecker
> > On Mon, Sep 09, 2019@12:47:55PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> > > Yeah, best to leave it to them.
> >
> > Okay, great, that's what I did.  I pushed the branch earlier today
> > so you should see it now.  If not, let me know.
>
> the version bump for version.h needs to be enabled for the 2.33 branch.

Done!

--
Joel