Version number

Andrew Stubbs-2
Hi,

HEAD still shows the version number as 6.3.50.date.

Is this correct? Should it not now be 6.4.something?

Andrew

Re: Version number

Daniel Jacobowitz-2
On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 12:39:59PM +0000, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> HEAD still shows the version number as 6.3.50.date.
>
> Is this correct? Should it not now be 6.4.something?

Yes, it should be.  There's a sentence about this in the Releasing GDB
manual, but it's a bit confusing, so I'm not surprised it gets
overlooked from time to time...

I have committed the obvious change to bump HEAD to 6.4.50.

Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC

Re: Version number

Joel Brobecker
> > Is this correct? Should it not now be 6.4.something?
>
> Yes, it should be.  There's a sentence about this in the Releasing GDB
> manual, but it's a bit confusing, so I'm not surprised it gets
> overlooked from time to time...
>
> I have committed the obvious change to bump HEAD to 6.4.50.

OK. I was waiting for somebody to confirm. I had actually spotted
this inconsistency in the manual, but wasn't sure, thinking that
maybe [...].

Anyway, I'll take care of updating the procedure in the manual.

--
Joel