VS2008 and pthreads-win32

Jose Carlos Rodríguez Rodríguez
Greetings!

During years I have been a very happy user of the pthreads-win32
library .I am very satisfied.  Thank you for this great free
Open-Source work!

Now I have my first big problem with it.

Until now I had built with success from source my own binary. VS
2003/2005. MinGW GCC 3.4.5,  4.2.1, 4.3.1
Very happy.

However, with Visual Studio 2008, I have problems with the executable
in debug mode. The build stage is good... But when it attempt run...

"This application has failed to start because MSVCR90.DLL was not found"

With the marvelous dependencywalker I discovered the problem origin:
My own pthreads-win32 library build version (nmake clean VC)

Linking with the official binaries release works.

My question is:

is it possible modify the Makefile for removing this dependency
(MSVCR90) for VS 2008?

Thanks in Advance!

Sorry for my poor English speaking skill.

JCarlos

RE: VS2008 and pthreads-win32

Virgilio Alexandre Fornazin
MSVCR90.dll is the C Runtime Library (dynamic).
You must link against static C runtime to avoid DLL dependencies.

[...]

Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
Experimente já e veja as novidades.
http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/