Using with-syntax

Duncan Mak
Hello,

I'm writing some macro code and I make use of with-syntax quite a bit.
When I load it in the REPL, it all seems to work, but when I load it
as an R7RS library module definition, I run into various issues:

1) If I run it with (import (scheme base)), I fall into a recursive
loop inside some rewrite step, and it eventually gives up.

2) If I run it with (import (scheme base) (kawa lib std_syntax)), I
seem to see something similar (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49416
says to import std_syntax).

3) If I run it with (import (kawa base)), then things seem to work,
but now I can't define my own macro named define-variable.

What's the right way to get with-syntax to work?

Duncan.

Re: Using with-syntax

Per Bothner
On 03/02/2018 03:28 PM, Duncan Mak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing some macro code and I make use of with-syntax quite a bit.
> When I load it in the REPL, it all seems to work, but when I load it
> as an R7RS library module definition, I run into various issues:
>
> 1) If I run it with (import (scheme base)), I fall into a recursive
> loop inside some rewrite step, and it eventually gives up.

Curious.

> 2) If I run it with (import (scheme base) (kawa lib std_syntax)), I
> seem to see something similar (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49416
> says to import std_syntax).
>
> 3) If I run it with (import (kawa base)), then things seem to work,
> but now I can't define my own macro named define-variable.

How about:

   (import (except (kawa base) define-variable))

> What's the right way to get with-syntax to work?

We should probably have a (kawa syntax-case) library.

        --Per Bothner

Re: Using with-syntax

Duncan Mak
(import (except (kawa base) define-variable)) worked, thanks!

I filed an Issue for (kawa syntax-case) library -
https://gitlab.com/kashell/Kawa/issues/38

Duncan.

--
Duncan.