To know the more about debugging feature of Systemtap

To know the more about debugging feature of Systemtap

Neil k.thomas
Sir,

I am new to Systemtap tool and have doubts regarding its debugging
capabilities . Is this tool able to debug all the layers in Linux kernel.
Logical kernel layers like System call interface, Process management, File
system, Network stack and Device drivers. To what extend we can debug the
kernel and gather the debug information?.

Can you share the documents on debugging features of this tool. It will be
very helpful if you can give details of Linux kernel module specific
debugging features , capabilities and limitations.

Thank you!

Re: To know the more about debugging feature of Systemtap

Arkady-2
Hi,

You can try these examples https://sourceware.org/systemtap/examples/

On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Neil k.thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sir,
>
> I am new to Systemtap tool and have doubts regarding its debugging
> capabilities . Is this tool able to debug all the layers in Linux kernel.
> Logical kernel layers like System call interface, Process management, File
> system, Network stack and Device drivers. To what extend we can debug the
> kernel and gather the debug information?.
>
> Can you share the documents on debugging features of this tool. It will be
> very helpful if you can give details of Linux kernel module specific
> debugging features , capabilities and limitations.
>
> Thank you!

Re: To know the more about debugging feature of Systemtap

Arkady-2
You are probably looking for kgdb