Test result of systemtap-20060107

bibo,mao-2
        The recently snapshot can run well in my IA64 box by make check
command. But when I run some test cases, there are information abnormal.
About running script buildok/five.stp in SMP enviroment, times of
"arrival" information is larger than that of "departure" log
information, and after long time, there is occasionally "departure"
information.
        And when this script exits, there will be such information like
this:
                WARNING: Number of errors: 0, skipped probes: 36211
In my EM64T smp machine, there is also this phenomenon.

Regards
Bibo,mao

RE: Test result of systemtap-20060107

bibo,mao-2
I think that it is because maxactive value is 0 when registering kretprobe, it is to say that without CONFIG_PREEMPT option, maxactive will be equal to NR_CPUS. And schedule() function is something like recursive, sometimes maybe schedule(A->B), (B->C), ....(X->A), so when schedule function return, this function may be called for many times, and its free_rp_inst is limited to maxactive value, sometimes kretprobe will be missed.

Regards
Bibo,mao