Supported boards and adding new.

kevin.wilson (Bugzilla)
Is there a list somewhere of the supported boards for SID? Also, is there a decent howto for adding new boards to the sim, I couldn't find one?

Thanks a million,

Kevin

Re: Supported boards and adding new.

Frank Ch. Eigler
Hi -

> Is there a list somewhere of the supported boards for SID?

I don't know of a single list.  The bin/configrun-sid.pl perl script
and the main/dynamid/*.cxx code are the two places where board concept
is embodied.

> Also, is there a decent howto for adding new boards to the sim [...]

The outline is easy: pick all the component models (component type
names), memory map(s) (address ranges for RAM, peripherals), and on
the choice of software-oriented models (debugging, profiling
interfaces).  Then, either the perl- or C++-based front-ends should be
easily extended with such data for a new board.

- FChE