Support for SRFI 18 / 21 (multithreading)

Support for SRFI 18 / 21 (multithreading)

Duncan Mak
Hello Per,

I came across SRFI 18 / 21 (I don't really know concretely how the two
differ), I see that neither is supported in Kawa.

From a quick look at the API, I'm guessing that the SRFI API can be
implemented using the Java threading APIs. Am I missing something?

Is there a reason that the SRFI is not supported? is it only because no one
has looked into it, or are there deeper reasons?

If it is indeed feasible, would an implementation be welcome?

Thanks!

Duncan.

Re: Support for SRFI 18 / 21 (multithreading)

Per Bothner
On 1/16/19 8:33 PM, Duncan Mak wrote:

> Hello Per,
>
> I came across SRFI 18 / 21 (I don't really know concretely how the two
> differ), I see that neither is supported in Kawa.
>
>  From a quick look at the API, I'm guessing that the SRFI API can be
> implemented using the Java threading APIs. Am I missing something?
>
> Is there a reason that the SRFI is not supported? is it only because no one
> has looked into it, or are there deeper reasons?
>
> If it is indeed feasible, would an implementation be welcome?

I haven't really looked into those SRFIs.

An implementation would be welcome - especially if it can be done as
a relatively light wrapper on top of Java facilities.
--
        --Per Bothner