Starting port for Fujitsu-FM3

Lukas Riezler
Hi all,

after reading a lot of stuff about ecos
and studying the existing HAL of Cortex-M (architecture) --> stm32 (variant) --> stm3210e_Evalboard (platform),
now the time has come to start porting ecos to a Fujitsu-FM3 (variant) --> MB9B506R (platform).

I use Eclipse-CDT with gcc (which comes with ecos) and JLINK-GDB-Server from Segger for debugging.

Do you have any additional tips which I should know before I'll start my intention?

With kind regards, Lukas

Re: Starting port for Fujitsu-FM3

Ilija Kocho [Илија Кочо]
On 13.03.2013 15:31, Lukas Riezler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after reading a lot of stuff about ecos
> and studying the existing HAL of Cortex-M (architecture) --> stm32 (variant) --> stm3210e_Evalboard (platform),
> now the time has come to start porting ecos to a Fujitsu-FM3 (variant) --> MB9B506R (platform).

Have you checked what for device drivers? Some drivers may be ready on
some other architecture. Pay a visit to other Fujitsu ports. If you find
drivers for your device, do not copy. Let targets and architecture share
device drivers, that's the one of the main reasons why devices are
decoupled from HAL. LPC17xx, for example uses drivers from LPC2xxx.

> I use Eclipse-CDT with gcc (which comes with ecos) and JLINK-GDB-Server from Segger for debugging.

You could make use of eCos Gnu Tools 4.6.3 test release, ref:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2012-06/msg00047.html

> Do you have any additional tips which I should know before I'll start my intention?

Have fun

Ilija