Remove unknown.exp

Vladimir Prus-3

Per http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.devel/19790, I've committed
the attached patch to remove testsuite/config/unknown.exp.

- Volodya

unknown.diff (500 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Remove unknown.exp

Joel Brobecker
Volodya,

> Per http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.devel/19790, I've committed
> the attached patch to remove testsuite/config/unknown.exp.

This is a tiny detail, but I think it would be better if the URL
you posted was refering to sourceware.org.  It's pretty easy to find
a given message when you go to:

        http://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/

The idea is that we have some form of control of what goes in sourceware,
but I have not checked what gmane.org's policy is. I think it will make
safer later on if we need to do some archeology.

Joel

Re: Remove unknown.exp

Vladimir Prus-3
On Wednesday 16 May 2007 02:55, Joel Brobecker wrote:

> Volodya,
>
> > Per http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.devel/19790, I've committed
> > the attached patch to remove testsuite/config/unknown.exp.
>
> This is a tiny detail, but I think it would be better if the URL
> you posted was refering to sourceware.org.  It's pretty easy to find
> a given message when you go to:
>
>         http://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/

It might have being easy in this particular case, but most times
when I need a link to email, I don't know neither approximate
date, nor the exact subject, which makes searching via
gmane.org much more convenient.

- Volodya

Re: Remove unknown.exp

Joel Brobecker
> It might have being easy in this particular case, but most times
> when I need a link to email, I don't know neither approximate
> date, nor the exact subject, which makes searching via
> gmane.org much more convenient.

I'm not going to insist, I have absolutely no right to, but this is
a question of making sure that the information is accessible several
years from now. I know the chances of this being true are greater
with sourceware.org, whoever the host is, than with gmane.org.

Once you've located your message with gmane.org, you have the option
of trying the URL I provided you, and locating your message should
take very little time from then on, since you have both the date
and the subject.

I know I'm pretty fussy, and the importance of this is pretty small,
so do what you think is best.

Cheers,
--
Joel