Reading exports from a DLL

Shaun Jackman
How does one read the exported symbols from a i386-pc-pe DLL without
debugging information? I tried nm and nm -D without any luck. I read
the manual page for dlltool, but could not find anything relevant. Is
there any readpe command, similar in nature to readelf?

Please cc me in your reply. Much obliged,
Shaun

Re: Reading exports from a DLL

Brian Dessent
Shaun Jackman wrote:

> How does one read the exported symbols from a i386-pc-pe DLL without
> debugging information? I tried nm and nm -D without any luck. I read
> the manual page for dlltool, but could not find anything relevant. Is
> there any readpe command, similar in nature to readelf?

objdump -p will show the export table, nestled among a lot of other
info.  The mingw project has a utility 'pexports' which will output just
the list of exported functions in a .def file format which is handy.

Brian

2006/1/17, Brian Dessent <[hidden email]>:

> Shaun Jackman wrote:
> >
> > How does one read the exported symbols from a i386-pc-pe DLL without
> > debugging information? I tried nm and nm -D without any luck. I read
> > the manual page for dlltool, but could not find anything relevant. Is
> > there any readpe command, similar in nature to readelf?
>
> objdump -p will show the export table, nestled among a lot of other
> info.  The mingw project has a utility 'pexports' which will output just
> the list of exported functions in a .def file format which is handy.

Thanks, Brian! Very helpful.

Cheers,
Shaun