Re: insight/334: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5

Re: insight/334: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5

kseitz
Synopsis: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5

State-Changed-From-To: analyzed->feedback
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Jul  2 15:17:38 2009
State-Changed-Why:
    Any luck with this? If not, you've got two options left: use CVS version of insight/gdb (which allows you to use the system-supplied tcl/tk/itcl/iwidgets) or manually configure the tcl, tk, itcl directories in the tree to make sure they are using the correct in-tree sources.

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=334

Re: insight/334: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5

Frank Duignan
The following reply was made to PR insight/334; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Duignan <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email], [hidden email],
        [hidden email], [hidden email]
Subject: Re: insight/334: Insight fails to run on system with tcl8.5
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:08:19 +0100 (BST)

 I've (temporarily) moved distro to ubuntu 9.04 which doesn't seem to
 exhibit the problem - didn't check to see which version of TCL was
 installed - I suspect it was an older one.  I've been using precompiled
 versions of insight as I describe here:
 http://eleceng.dit.ie/frank/arm/comstick
 I must go back to slackware current and see if I can get the latest
 insight going again.
 f.

 This message has been scanned for content and viruses by the DIT Information Services E-Mail Scanning Service, and is believed to be clean. http://www.dit.ie