Re: [committed, libffi] Match upstream soname

Re: [committed, libffi] Match upstream soname

Matthias Klose-6
On 05.03.2016 19:28, Richard Henderson wrote:
> When I went to apply my symbol versioning patch to upstream,
> I discovered that upstream had already bumped their soname to
> 6.4.0, beyond the bump that I'd applied to gcc to 5.0.0.
>
> So I bumped upstream to 7.0.0, including the symbol versioning,
> and this adjusts gcc to match.

Looking at the libffi upstream git repo, I can't find this change upstream, and
neither mentioned on the libffi mailing list. What am I missing?

Matthias

Re: [committed, libffi] Match upstream soname

Richard Henderson-2
On 03/06/2016 07:24 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:

> On 05.03.2016 19:28, Richard Henderson wrote:
>> When I went to apply my symbol versioning patch to upstream,
>> I discovered that upstream had already bumped their soname to
>> 6.4.0, beyond the bump that I'd applied to gcc to 5.0.0.
>>
>> So I bumped upstream to 7.0.0, including the symbol versioning,
>> and this adjusts gcc to match.
>
> Looking at the libffi upstream git repo, I can't find this change upstream, and
> neither mentioned on the libffi mailing list. What am I missing?

That must of libffi's workflow is via github, I think.

   https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/pull/230

r~