Re:Mauve liscense:GPL 3?

Audrius Meskauskas
Stupid idea this morning, but if the GPL 3 would be Apache compatible,
maybe we could just show more intiative and merge the Java tests from
THEY testing project? All we need is the JUnit adapter to Mauve that it
is for sure possible to write. I was suggesting this idea long time ago.

Audrius.

Re: Re:Mauve liscense:GPL 3?

Dalibor Topic
On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:44 +0100, Audrius Meskauskas wrote:
> Stupid idea this morning, but if the GPL 3 would be Apache compatible,
> maybe we could just show more intiative and merge the Java tests from
> THEY testing project? All we need is the JUnit adapter to Mauve that it
> is for sure possible to write. I was suggesting this idea long time ago.

Sure, next year when the GPL3 is released, we could do that.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Re: Re:Mauve liscense:GPL 3?

Tom Tromey

Dalibor> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:44 +0100, Audrius Meskauskas wrote:
>> Stupid idea this morning, but if the GPL 3 would be Apache compatible,
>> maybe we could just show more intiative and merge the Java tests from
>> THEY testing project? All we need is the JUnit adapter to Mauve that it
>> is for sure possible to write. I was suggesting this idea long time ago.

Dalibor> Sure, next year when the GPL3 is released, we could do that.

I'm not sure we even need that.  Couldn't we have a single harness to
run both sets of tests and distribute the result under a mixed
license?

Tom

Re: Re:Mauve liscense:GPL 3?

Dalibor Topic
On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 00:38 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Dalibor> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 09:44 +0100, Audrius Meskauskas wrote:
> >> Stupid idea this morning, but if the GPL 3 would be Apache compatible,
> >> maybe we could just show more intiative and merge the Java tests from
> >> THEY testing project? All we need is the JUnit adapter to Mauve that it
> >> is for sure possible to write. I was suggesting this idea long time ago.
>
> Dalibor> Sure, next year when the GPL3 is released, we could do that.
>
> I'm not sure we even need that.  Couldn't we have a single harness to
> run both sets of tests and distribute the result under a mixed
> license?

Uh ... sort of. You can have a harness that is both a) GPL-compatibly
licensed and b) something-else-compatibly licensed, and distribute it as
part of Mauve. GPL+linking exception would work well for anything, I
think.

cheers,
dalibor topic