[RFA/sparc64] internal-error printing return value (Ada array) - take 2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[RFA/sparc64] internal-error printing return value (Ada array) - take 2

Joel Brobecker
Hello Mark,

Following our disccussion that started at:

    http://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-11/msg00076.html

I finally found the time to make the change you suggested, and then
test it again.

2006-12-24  Joel Brobecker  <[hidden email]>

        * sparc64-tdep.c (sparc64_extract_return_value): Add handling
        for array types.
        (sparc64_store_return_value): Likewise.

Tested on sparc64-sun-solaris2.8, no regression. OK to commit?

Thank you,
--
Joel

sparc64.diff (1K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RFA/sparc64] internal-error printing return value (Ada array) - take 2

Mark Kettenis-6
> Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:36:15 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <[hidden email]>
>
> Hello Mark,
>
> Following our disccussion that started at:
>
>     http://www.sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-11/msg00076.html
>
> I finally found the time to make the change you suggested, and then
> test it again.
>
> 2006-12-24  Joel Brobecker  <[hidden email]>
>
>         * sparc64-tdep.c (sparc64_extract_return_value): Add handling
>         for array types.
>         (sparc64_store_return_value): Likewise.
>
> Tested on sparc64-sun-solaris2.8, no regression. OK to commit?

Could you change the comment from

/* Small arrays are returned the same way as small records.  */

into

/* Small arrays are returned the same way as small structures.  */

?

With that change this is ok.

However, did you check how small arrays of floating-point numbers are returned?
I suspect there might be an issue with those.

Mark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RFA/sparc64] internal-error printing return value (Ada array) - take 2

Joel Brobecker
> > 2006-12-24  Joel Brobecker  <[hidden email]>
> >
> >         * sparc64-tdep.c (sparc64_extract_return_value): Add handling
> >         for array types.
> >         (sparc64_store_return_value): Likewise.
> >
> > Tested on sparc64-sun-solaris2.8, no regression. OK to commit?

> With that change this is ok.

Thanks Mark, I made the change you asked, and committed the change.

> However, did you check how small arrays of floating-point numbers are
> returned?  I suspect there might be an issue with those.

I just double-checked, and it seems to be working just fine.
What I will do is extend our array-return testcase to include
this type of array too.

Thank you,
--
Joel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RFA/sparc64] internal-error printing return value (Ada array) - take 2

Mark Kettenis-6
> Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:13:03 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <[hidden email]>

> > However, did you check how small arrays of floating-point numbers are
> > returned?  I suspect there might be an issue with those.
>
> I just double-checked, and it seems to be working just fine.
> What I will do is extend our array-return testcase to include
> this type of array too.

Good!