Question on JavaFX in Kawa

Arie van Wingerden
Hi,

the example from here
https://per.bothner.com/blog/2011/JavaFX-using-Kawa-intro/ is working OK.

In the example I see a nice and simple declarative example.

Are there more examples showing how to access UI elements programmatically.

What I mean is e.g. change contents of a NAMED listbox when some button is
clicked.

TIA
.Arie

Re: Question on JavaFX in Kawa

Per Bothner
On 10/30/18 9:07 AM, Arie van Wingerden wrote:

> Are there more examples showing how to access UI elements programmatically.
>
> What I mean is e.g. change contents of a NAMED listbox when some button is
> clicked.

Have you looked at the animation example:

https://per.bothner.com/blog/2011/JavaFX-using-Kawa-animation/

That might give you some ideas.  Instead of properties of rect being changed
using animation, you could have properties of the listbox changed
by the event handler.
        --Per Bothner

Re: Question on JavaFX in Kawa

Arie van Wingerden