Python Frame decorators and regular frame inspection

Python Frame decorators and regular frame inspection

Sourceware - gdb list mailing list
Hi,

I have implemented a frame decorator for our internal JIT. It works really
well and shows function name, location, arguments, etc...

My question is when I try to inspect a specific frame, it doesn't show the
function name nor any local variables.

Are the results of the frame decoration only usable from the backtrace or
where commands? I can only see the variables returned by the decorator by
doing a "where full" command.

I had to resort to implementing a new command to print the JIT variables
for the current frame.

Speaking of which, is there a way to get the current frame pthread ID for
the current frame? GDB's frame command shows this value but none of the
Python Frame methods returns it.

Francisco