Port ndbm to newlib

Vaibhav Gupta
Hello everyone,
I am trying to port  ndbm.h  from freebsd to newlib.

   - i have placed  ndbm.c  file in    newlib/libc/posix   directory.
   - this .c file requires    hash.h    which is inside     libc/search
   directory
   - The default source for header files , for .c files in posix is
   libc/include.

I want to add libc/search as an alternative path for ndbm.c for header
files.
I did checked    libc/posix/Makefile.am    and    libc/configure.in   to do
so, but not getting any hint about it.

Please help me out with this.

Thank You
Vaibhav Gupta

Re: Port ndbm to newlib

aditya upadhyay
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 6:10 PM Vaibhav Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am trying to port  ndbm.h  from freebsd to newlib.
>
>    - i have placed  ndbm.c  file in    newlib/libc/posix   directory.
>    - this .c file requires    hash.h    which is inside     libc/search
>    directory

ndbm.c uses __hash_open method and that is available in db_local.h header file.

>    - The default source for header files , for .c files in posix is
>    libc/include.
>
> I want to add libc/search as an alternative path for ndbm.c for header
> files.
> I did checked    libc/posix/Makefile.am    and    libc/configure.in   to do
> so, but not getting any hint about it.

For regenerating configuration files, use autoreconf -fvi command in
the directory
where you have modified .am and .ac files, I guess.

> Please help me out with this.
>
> Thank You
> Vaibhav Gupta

Re: Port ndbm to newlib

aditya upadhyay
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:03 PM Aditya Upadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 6:10 PM Vaibhav Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> > I am trying to port  ndbm.h  from freebsd to newlib.
> >
> >    - i have placed  ndbm.c  file in    newlib/libc/posix   directory.
> >    - this .c file requires    hash.h    which is inside     libc/search
> >    directory
>
> ndbm.c uses __hash_open method and that is available in db_local.h header file.
>
> >    - The default source for header files , for .c files in posix is
> >    libc/include.
> >
> > I want to add libc/search as an alternative path for ndbm.c for header
> > files.
> > I did checked    libc/posix/Makefile.am    and    libc/configure.in   to do
> > so, but not getting any hint about it.
> >
> For regenerating configuration files, use autoreconf -fvi command in
> the directory
> where you have modified .am and .ac files, I guess.

I think, In Makefile.am, The entry of ndbm.c will be under the ELIX_LEVEL_1,
That provides support for RTOS. As you can see here:
https://github.com/mirror/newlib-cygwin/blob/master/newlib/HOWTO

I would like to wait for other's openion.

> > Please help me out with this.
> >
> > Thank You
> > Vaibhav Gupta

Re: Port ndbm to newlib

Vaibhav Gupta
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:04 PM Aditya Upadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 6:10 PM Vaibhav Gupta <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> > I am trying to port  ndbm.h  from freebsd to newlib.
> >
> >    - i have placed  ndbm.c  file in    newlib/libc/posix   directory.
> >    - this .c file requires    hash.h    which is inside     libc/search
> >    directory
>
> ndbm.c uses __hash_open method and that is available in db_local.h header
> file.

checked for db_local.h, its forked version of db.h i guess.
Also HTAB structure is also required by ndbm,c which is defined in hash.h

> >    - The default source for header files , for .c files in posix is
> >    libc/include.
> >
> > I want to add libc/search as an alternative path for ndbm.c for header
> > files.
> > I did checked    libc/posix/Makefile.am    and    libc/configure.in
>  to do
> > so, but not getting any hint about it.
> >
> For regenerating configuration files, use autoreconf -fvi command in
> the directory
> where you have modified .am and .ac files, I guess.
>
> > Please help me out with this.
> >
> > Thank You
> > Vaibhav Gupta

Re: Port ndbm to newlib

aditya upadhyay
On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:11 PM Aditya Upadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:03 PM Aditya Upadhyay <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 6:10 PM Vaibhav Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello everyone,
> > > I am trying to port  ndbm.h  from freebsd to newlib.
> > >
> > >    - i have placed  ndbm.c  file in    newlib/libc/posix   directory.
> > >    - this .c file requires    hash.h    which is inside     libc/search
> > >    directory
> >
> > ndbm.c uses __hash_open method and that is available in db_local.h header file.
> >
> > >    - The default source for header files , for .c files in posix is
> > >    libc/include.
> > >
> > > I want to add libc/search as an alternative path for ndbm.c for header
> > > files.
> > > I did checked    libc/posix/Makefile.am    and    libc/configure.in   to do
> > > so, but not getting any hint about it.
> > >
> > For regenerating configuration files, use autoreconf -fvi command in
> > the directory
> > where you have modified .am and .ac files, I guess.
> >
> I think, In Makefile.am, The entry of ndbm.c will be under the ELIX_LEVEL_1,
> That provides support for RTOS. As you can see here:
> https://github.com/mirror/newlib-cygwin/blob/master/newlib/HOWTO
>
> I would like to wait for other's openion.

For Regenerating configuration file, You can see a good explanation here:
https://cygwin.com/ml/newlib/2006/msg00860.html