PR11599: update STAPCONF_TRACEPOINT_HAS_DATA to work with kernel 5.7.0+

PR11599: update STAPCONF_TRACEPOINT_HAS_DATA to work with kernel 5.7.0+

Torsten Polle
Hi Serhei,

Your patch introduces a new source for the definition of STAPCONF_TRACEPOINT_HAS_DATA in the files generated by autoconf, which conflicts with the original definition stp_tracepoints.h.

The following patch remedies this situation at least in my environment. But I wonder whether the definition in stp_tracepoints.h could be simply removed.

Kind Regards,
Torsten

PR11599-Fix-STAPCONF_TRACEPOINT_HAS_DATA-already-def.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: PR11599: update STAPCONF_TRACEPOINT_HAS_DATA to work with kernel 5.7.0+

Serhei Makarov-3
Hello Torsten,

Thank you very much for testing the change! I went to apply your patch this morning and saw that Frank also caught the same problem and fixed it with commit 823a77ab03c3. If that approach to fix it still generates a warning, I'll apply your patch.

In answer to your question, to remove the definition of stp_tracepoints.h, the autoconf file must compile correctly on every prior kernel version where DECLARE_TRACE_NOARGS was defined.
I have not verified this, so I can only be certain the autoconf check is appropriate for kernel 5.7+.
For earlier versions, we continue to check for DECLARE_TRACE_NOARGS.

All the best,
      Serhei