Open Source CANopen Stack for eCos

Uwe Kindler-2
Hi,

I would likte to bring to your attention that an open source CANopen
stack for eCos is available here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/canopennode/

We have just contributed an eCos driver for the CANopen Node project.
The driver uses the eCos CAN I/O layer to implement the CAN
functionality and uses the eCos generic flash driver to implement
persistent parameters storage of the CANopen object dictionary.

CANopenNode is an open source software stack used for serial
communication of multiple devices over the CAN/CANopen Network. It works
on different microcontrollers, is reliable, simple and powerful and is
suitable for industrial or home automation.

CANopen features: NMT slave, Heartbeat producer/consumer, Error control,
Emergency message, PDO linking and dynamic mapping, SDO expedited and
segmented transfer, SDO master, Sync producer/consumer

The eCos port has been developed and tested with the Olimex
LPC-L2294-1MB board and eCos LPC2xxx CAN driver.

Would be great to see this info on the "Contributions and Development
Projects" page or in the news. Should I provide a patch for the webpage
or is there a native speaker that could add this information?

Thank you and regards,

Uwe Kindler
Dipl. Inf. (FH)
Software Engineering

cetoni GmbH
Automatisierung und Mikrosysteme
Am Wiesenring 6
D-07554 Korbussen

Phone: +49 (0) 36602 338 28
Fax:   +49 (0) 36602 338 11
Email: [hidden email]
Web:   http://www.cetoni.de

Handelsregister Jena   HRB 202566
Ust.-Ident-Nr.         DE 1505 26212

Geschäftsführer:
Tilo Kunze

Re: Open Source CANopen Stack for eCos

Stanislav Meduna
On 28.10.2013 20:58, Uwe Kindler wrote:

> We have just contributed an eCos driver for the CANopen Node
> project. The driver uses the eCos CAN I/O layer to implement
> the CAN functionality and uses the eCos generic flash driver

Just for clarification, the license is LGPL without the eCos
linking exception, right? I.e. one needs to provide a way to
re-link and install the re-linked application onto the hardware
in question.

Thanks
                                   Stano

Re: Open Source CANopen Stack for eCos

Uwe Kindler-2
 > Just for clarification, the license is LGPL without the eCos
 > linking exception, right? I.e. one needs to provide a way to
 > re-link and install the re-linked application onto the hardware
 > in question.

Yes, that is right at the moment. You need to provide your object files
and static libraries so that it is possible to re-link the application.

I will ask the CANopen Node maintainer Janez, if he would accept the
eCos license (LGPL with linking exception).